Parents Day

Hello how are you all?

0o0o0o

Liv was seven and a half months pregnant with their twins. She was working until the doctor actually told her she couldn't work anymore. Elliot kept on attempting to convince her to go on maternity leave, but she kept on refusing. He couldn't understand why she wouldn't want to relax at home when she complained when she was here that she was in pain. 

The doctor was giving her a warning of another half month before they would absolutely send her on her leave. Elliot shook his head when he saw her visibly pout. The doctor shook her head as she explained that it was needed for her. The twins were measuring perfectly with their week count, but he could tell that Liv was worried when the doctor explained they were shooting for 36 weeks at least for the due date. 

"It's completely normal for twins to be born around 32 to 38 weeks. In face Elizabeth and Dickie were born at 35 weeks," Elliot explained as they drove to Daniel's school. 

They had taken a personal day for Daniel's parents day event. The parents were shown around the classroom and several works that their kids have done. Elliot missed the last parents day for Elizabeth and Dickie because he was undercover, so he was excited for this one. Daniel had already been driven to school an hour ago so his class could get ready for the parents. 

Liv grunted as she rubbed her stomach. They knew the genders, but were keeping it secret from everyone. Well, Liv was, Elliot wanted to tell the world. He actually thought the reason Liv didn't want to tell anyone was because she didn't want an out pour of name suggestions. They hadn't even agreed on names. 

"I hope they have food," she said mindlessly as she watched several parents walk in the door. 

Elliot helped her get out and greeted the principal, who shook their hands. She congratulated them as she confirmed the room that was told to them. They dodged several kids running from the bathroom to their classrooms. A young man with spiked brown hair looked serious at them and warned them to walk. 

Daniel's room was at the end of the left hallway on the right. Room 4. A Miss Porter's Rugrats sign was plastered to the door of the room as they approached. Miss Porter was inside talking with another couple and their daughter. She had a very warm smile and bright brown eyes. When she saw Elliot and Liv looking around for Daniel, she waved at them and started walking over. 

"Hi, are you Daniel's foster parents?" She asked sweetly. 

Elliot nodded and held out a hand. "Yes, I'm Elliot Stabler, this is Olivia Benson."

Miss Porter shook both their hands and then looked happily at Liv's belly. "Oh, how long?"

Liv smiled and said, "I'm 29 weeks." 

Miss Porter opened her mouth to retort, but Daniel say them. "OLIVIA! ELLlOT!" He ran to them and hugged their legs. Elliot and Liv smiled and laughed. 

"Hey, buddy," Elliot greeted. 

"Parents!" Miss Porter called. The room went silent for a moment as everyone listened to her. "There is snacks on my desk in case you want one. Students, ask a grown up to help you if you want a snack. Any concerns or comments come find me and I'll help as best as I can."

After that she waved and the room started rumbling with about 20 different conversations. Daniel pulled Elliot and Olivia to a desk in the corner where his name was taped on. "This is my desk," Daniel said as he sat down in his chair. He reached in his cubby hole and pulled out a folder. "This is some of my artwork and worksheets." He started handing them to Elliot and Liv. 

Liv and Elliot were impressed with his art. It was good for a 5 year old. Liv smiled at another boy who came over and asked if Daniel could meet his parents. Elliot nodded happily and watched the two run across the room to his parents. He glanced at Liv who had sat on the neighboring desk and started reading a paper. 

"What?" He knew that face. 

"My favorite things. I love my new parents Elliot and Olivia. Elliot cooks good and Olivia gives good hugs. I love when they both read me, Tyler, and Eli bedtime stories and kiss us good night. I am so happy that they let me and Tyler stay with them. I hope we never have to leave like we did with Lydia." Liv started at Elliot, tears forming in the corner of her eyes. Elliot looked over at Daniel who was laughing with the boy with his parents. 

Miss Porter must have a sixth sense because she popped up out of no where. "You okay?" She asked in a soft tone to Liv. Liv nodded and showed her the paper. Miss Porter nodded. "Yes, that tugged at my heart strings also," she confirmed as the three adults watched Daniel. "I'm glad that Daniel and Tyler have you two. You seem like you really love them both," she said with a toothy grin. 

Elliot and Liv looked at each other after Miss Porter left to talk to another family. Their minds had just been made up for them. They were going to fight to adopt them. Daniel introduced his friend to Elliot and Liv. Charlie Thomas. He liked the color red, hated pickles, and had two younger brothers and an older sister. If Elliot had to guess, he supposed that they bonded over their hatred of pickles. 

He was glad that Daniel had friends. There was another kid to their little group. He came over and introduced himself boldly. Randy Quinn. He loved the color blue, he hated pickles as well, had a younger sister on the way and loved to build blocks. There was that hatred of pickles again. Elliot was almost slightly worried that they started a little I Hate Pickles gang. 

The parents left around noon so the kids could do at least a half days worth of work. Elliot and Liv went right to Alex and asked if she would help them build a case to formally adopt Daniel and Tyler. She agreed and also recommended Trevor Langon as their attorney. 

o0o0o0o0