Hospitals

Like my fourth or fifth chapter today. I'm on a Bensler binge.

0o0o0o0o0o0

Elliot read the divorce papers carefully. Just like Kathy said, she was going for sole custody. He trusted Kathy to keep her word about the kids visiting every weekend, so he signed them. The money would be split in half, Kathy getting the house. He wanted his kids to have comfort and structure, so he didn't fight for the house. 

Kathleen had come by to grab the divorce papers for her mother. She had taken a nursing job overnights and asked if Elliot would watch Eli at night for her. Elliot was more than happy to have nights with Eli and weekends. He didn't ask Liv officially, but she did have an extra bedroom that she used as storage. He also knew that Liv would love to have Eli over. 

They also needed to talk about him actually moving in. Of course they also needed to talk about their relationship. He's been living out of a duffel bag since Kathy showed up. Elliot watched his daughter leave the precinct with his divorce papers. "El," LIv called from the interview room. She was interviewing the teacher that was in love with her student. 

He turned to her as she handed him some paperwork. "Oh thank you, you shouldn't have," he said lightly, looking through them. She grinned at him before going to her seat as he tossed the file back to her. They've been more flirty and jokey around the squad room, earning more glances at them from Munch and Fin. 

"Elliot," Cragen called. "The teacher told us where she and the student were holding up. You and Liv get out there and bring that student in."

Liv and Elliot left, gently fighting over who will drive. "I'll let you drive when I want to have a heart attack," he teased as they got in the car. She shoved him lightly. 

The student didn't want to go lightly. He first ran, then when Elliot caught up with him, he decided to swing a 2x4 into his chest. He went down with a chocked gasp. He heard Liv run to him, ignoring the student as he ran away and called for a bus. 

Once again, Elliot was in the hospital. This time was for three cracked ribs. He hated that kid. Liv hadn't left his side, even when Cragen had ordered her to. "Captain, I'm not leaving him."

"Liv, there's nothing you can do for him. He's fine. We've got to find Chris," Cragen said sternly. Liv shook her head, staring at Elliot laying in bed with an annoyed look on his face. 

"Caa-" Elliot looked at Liv in alarm. The slur of her voice and the dazed look on her face had him shouting for a nurse. The nurse came in just as Elliot was getting up, pain in his eyes, to go to Liv. 

"No, you get back in bed," she ordered him, steadying Liv. "You come with me."

Elliot was furious. No one would tell him what had happened to Liv. Even when Fin and Cragen showed up. "Elliot, calm down," Cragen said by his side. Fin just walked back in, shaking his head. 

"They don't know anything yet." He crossed his arms, obviously annoyed. 

Cragen looked at Elliot. "You stay in bed until the doctors say otherwise. Fin, you and Munch go take some black and whites as back up to find Chris."

They left Elliot alone in the room, full of annoyance. After another hour of no one talking to him about Liv, he started hitting his call button. The nurse came in with a very annoyed look on her face. "Yes?"

Elliot raised his eyebrows expectantly. "What's going on with Olivia Benson? That woman that you helped."

"I can't say. Are you family?" She asked. 

"I'm her partner," he said automatically, danger lurking deep in his voice. There was no way he'd hurt that nurse for just doing her job, but he needed some sort of outlet for his anger. Lacing it in his voice seemed like a safe way. 

The nurse pursed her lips, thinking of the statement. He hoped she didn't ask if they were together. He had no idea of that fact. Only thing he knew was they had sex every night and slept together. They shared showers, sometimes would walk around the house naked just to tease the other, but never actually spoke aloud their predicament. To anyone else, they probably looked like they were a couple, but to people close to them, were just as confused as they were.

"She's pregnant," the nurse said quickly. "Blood pressure spiked and lack of oxygen caused her to faint. She's going to be okay, but she needs to start prenatal." 

Elliot's ears were buzzing from the news. Liv was pregnant. It had to have been his. "I need to see her," he said urgently. 

The nurse went to him, holding him down. "You have three broken ribs, the more you try to get up, the longer we keep you for observations." He halted and glared at her. "I'll bring her here," she said honestly. 

She kept her word. Twenty minutes later, she and another nurse rolled Olivia's bed in here and hooked her back up. She was awake, but groggy. Elliot watched her carefully as they pushed the bed closer to where he was able to hold her hand. "You okay?" He asked. She nodded. 

"Yeah," she rubbed her face. "Just a little dizzy."

"Did they tell you what happened?" He whispered to her. 

She nodded again, tears in her eyes. "Yeah," she said softly. 

Cragen came back to their room later that day. When seeing Liv in the bed next to Elliot's his eyes widened. "What the hell happened?" 

Elliot held up a hand to calm him down. "Relax, she's fine." 

He crossed his arms and stared at the two of them. "Why are you in a hospital bed?" 

Elliot didn't want to say anything. He wanted to keep things to himself for a while. Liv didn't act like she wanted to say anything to him either. They kept their tongue, just staring back at Cragen until he sighed with defeat. "You two are going home in a couple hours, stay off each other." He left the room, closing it behind him. 

0o0o0o