Flu and Furniture Part 2

Hey, so I'm better today. Anxiety is lower and I'm back to my normal obsessive Bensler self. 

0o0o0o0

Elliot enjoyed having lunch with Eli and Liv at the squad room. Munch and Fin came back and glanced at each other. They obviously still remembered bursting in the bedroom with them naked. Afterwards, Elliot gave her a kiss on the cheek before heading to the store for some food for Eli. 

Eli rushed past Elliot, dropping the sack that he was carrying and running to the couch. Elliot shook his head and kicked the door closed, arms full of sacks. He got the basics for Eli, healthy basics. Fruit, veggies, eggs, bacon, sandwich ingredients, and different juices. He rubbed one arm and groaned after he set the stuff down on the floor. "Where's my helper?" Elliot called out. 

Eli ignored him and kept playing with his new truck. Elliot rolled his eyes and started putting the stuff away. That bag that Eli dropped had the bananas in it. He grabbed a glass bowl from the cabinet that he was surprised Liv even had and put the apples, oranges, and bananas in it before setting it on the counter. The veggies and berries he stored in the fridge. 

"Daddy is Liv my new mommy?" Elliot froze bent over in the fridge. He was putting the apple juice away to chill. 

He turned around and closed the door to the fridge, biding a little time. "No, mommy is still mommy. Liv might become your step mommy one day, but no one can take your mommy away from you." He hugged Eli before going to put a movie on for him. 

Eli had his eyes glued to the screen when the delivery van brought the furniture up. They helped Elliot set the bed up before leaving. Quickly, Elliot reached into his wallet and pulled out two 20s. "Hey," he handed one to each guy. "thanks a lot."

He'd also bought some toys and bed covers for the bed. "Eli, you're gonna sleep in your new bed tonight. Excited?"

He shrugged, going to get one of the new toys from the bag. Elliot smiled as he went to put the bed covers on and move the bassinet into the master bedroom. His ribs were starting to hurt a little and he grunted as he sat down on the couch. He couldn't wait until his ribs were fully healed. Eli went back to the couch and crawled on Elliot's lap. The rest of the afternoon, they watched movies, just cuddling on the couch. Elliot enjoyed this time with Eli. He rarely got such one on one time. He only wished he could take Eli to the park, but he didn't think his ribs would be able to handle much more today. 

"Elliot," Liv called as she opened the door around six. Elliot glanced over at her, Eli curled on his lap, toy truck in hand. 

"Hey," he greeted, waving to her with one free hand. She had a couple of pizza's in her arms. As soon as Eli smelled them, he struggled out of Elliot's lap and rushed over to Liv. 

"Pizza!" 

Liv smiled down at him and set the pizza's on the counter along with her purse. "Yep," she bent down to pick him up and walked over to get some paper plates. "Can you get three plates?" She helped him count three plates and brought him over to the counter. "Plain cheese or meat lovers?" 

Eli put his finger to his chin, thinking hard. Elliot wondered if his face would get red from focusing so hard. "Plain." She brought one slice out and went to get the kitchen shears to cut it into bite sized pieces. 

"There's some apple juice in the fridge, sippy cup on the counter." Elliot got up slowly, grunting. 

She glanced at him as she filled his sippy cup with juice. "You okay?" Elliot nodded grabbing a plate and a few pieces. He sat at the small table and started munching on one piece. Liv got Elliot a glass of water and filled her own plate up. They shared the glass of water while Eli sat on the floor eating his. 

"The furniture came today. Bed is in the other room with the side table. Some toys scattered around in there also. Surprise in the bedroom though," Elliot stated, taking a drink of the water. 

Liv looked at him with wide eyes. She clearly wasn't suspecting anything. "Well, I'm going to go check it out real quick and change my clothes."

A few minutes later, she came out, tears in her eyes, wearing a tank top and sweat pants. "Elliot," she breathed, sniffing. He smiled at her. "We haven't even gone to the doctor yet." 

He shrugged. "We will need it. Tomorrow you can make an appointment for the doctor." 

She nodded in agreement. "Thank you," she said softly.