Caught

I'm on a roll today. 

0o0o0o0

For around a month, Elliot went home with Liv instead of going to Kathy. A month of ignoring his responsibilities of being a father and husband. A month of not looking at the divorce papers. He missed his kids so much, but he couldn't bring himself to go home. Cragen kept on telling Elliot every night to go home, as if he knew Elliot was staying with Liv. 

Liv and Elliot, every single night, would make love until they physically couldn't anymore. Their 'relationship' was purely lust filled at the moment. They never spoke of anything romantically or personally involving both of them outside of the bedroom. It was an unspoken rule they'd made. Elliot could always feel Cragen's eyes staring at him when he was near Liv now. The collateral damage for saying out loud they had sex. 

He tried so hard to keep his imagination and eyes to himself, but he knew he'd been caught several times by Fin and Munch staring at Liv's backside and down her shirt. For another week, Kathy would call and ask if he'd be home. Elliot said he'd try, but never actually tried. 

One evening, their heavy love session was interrupted by a loud, harsh knock at the door. Elliot put on his briefs and kissed Liv deeply before whispering, "Don't go anywhere." She scoffed and rattled the headboard where her arms were tied up. Elliot winked and ran a hand down her body as he left, leaving her shivering. 

He didn't bother looking at the peephole. He was expecting their delivery. Certain grocery items that Liv wanted. Instead of a delivery man, he found his wife standing there, angry, shocked, and sad. She looked him up and down and started crying harder than she already was. "I knew it," she cried. 

"Kathy, what are you doing here?" Elliot stepped forward to close the door, to block Liv's form form Kathy's eye. She pushed past him into the apartment. "Kathy you can't just barge into someone else's apartment," he said heatedly. 

She turned on him, puffy eyes staring him down. "Don't tell me what I can't do, Elliot." 

Elliot held a hand up for her to wait. He rushed to put on some pants and unlock Olivia's hands. Liv looked at him questioningly. "Who's in the living room?" 

He turned to her and whispered, "Kathy." Liv's mouth fell open and she got up quickly to get dressed. Even though Liv was fairly certain that Kathy knew they were sleeping together now, she still wanted to act as if they weren't. For her own mentality at the moment. 

When Elliot returned to the living room, Kathy was pacing the room, looking at all the pictures that he and Liv had started taking. Some were from when they were undercover, that they needed for the background pictures. One particular one made Kathy halt. They were at a lovers lane park, in the shadows, kissing. That one was an accidental one that a random civilian took when he was trying to get a good picture of a certain bird. When he didn't get it and looked at the Polaroid, he gave them the picture. That was three days after they started having sex. Their lust filled nights flooded into the next morning where they were conducting a canvas. 

"Why are you here, Kathy?" Elliot asked, trying to steer her away from the secret life he and Liv were already starting. 

She ignored him for a long while. He was going to ask her again when she suddenly asked, "Do you hate me?"

The question shocked him like when Liv slapped him with the Stuckey accident. It stung just as hard too. He shook his head. "No, I could never hate you," he said softly. 

"Then why have you been doing this? Why haven't you come home?" She was nearly begging for answers. 

The answers weren't fully ready at Elliot's mouth. They were formed in his head, but were getting lost on the way down. He sighed and walked around the couch. He heard Liv coming out of the bedroom and lean against the door frame. He wished she could read his mind. Sometimes it felt like she could, during certain cases. 

She had to have heard his mental plea. "Because he loves me. He can't bring himself to hurt you so he stays away until he can work out how to say it."

Elliot went to the window, staring out to the street below. He heard Kathy walk to him and try to pull him to face her as she asked, "Is this true?"

She kept shaking him, trying to force him to answer. He closed his eyes and tried to keep himself calm. When she finally slapped him across the cheek, he finally reopened his eyes and stared daggers at her. "Yes! I don't love you anymore. I want out of this. I want to come home to Olivia every night. Kiss Olivia good night after reading to Eli. I want to have a child with Olivia. But most of all I want you and the other kids to understand."

He had tears in his eyes as he said it all. He sniffed and wiped away some tears. "I want you and the kids to understand that I haven't been happy for a while. Now, though," he glanced at Olivia who was watching the ordeal with baited breath, "now I'm happy."

Kathy still looked pissed, but less angry than when she first walked in. "I wish you would have told me before this little thing started between you two." 

Elliot nodded. "It was a completely surprise. I came over that night to just talk some stuff out and blurted some things out. Then we just ended up in bed and we sort of realized that we can't go any longer without each other." Kathy went to sit on the couch, completely docile now. Liv went to sit in the chair, giving her plenty of room. Elliot went to sit on the arm of the chair, trying not to look at Liv. 

"On the papers, it says that I'm filing for sole custody," she looked down at her hands. "but I want you to keep seeing them."

"I'll sign them for you to have sole custody, but I want to see them on weekends," Elliot countered. 

Kathy nodded in agreement. "Liv, I'm sorry for barging in here." 

"It's okay, Kathy. I'm sorry for stealing your husband," Liv responded, trying to be light. 

Kathy chuckled. "We're even," she said, getting up and heading to the door. Elliot followed with Liv at his heels. "I'll send the kids around here this weekend, if Liv's okay with that."

Liv smiled and nodded.  "Yeah," Elliot agreed. "But only if they want to. Eli can't really agree yet since he's only three, but Dickie and Lizzie, if they want to stay here, they can." 

0o0o0o0o0