Chapter 21

My Dearest Readers,

It appears that the whispers of romance between Anthony Bridgerton and Evienne Beaumont can finally be put to rest, for the young Duchess has found herself a match. And where else would such a momentous occasion take place but at the Bridgertons' own ball at Aubrey Hall?

Indeed, the air was ripe with anticipation as the ton gathered to witness the union of Miss Daphne Bridgerton and the Duke of Hastings amidst the splendour of the Bridgerton estate. And while some may have had suspicions of a match between Anthony and Evienne, it seems that they were wrong.

The young Duchess was sighted twirling on the dance floor not just once, but twice, in the company of her own Duke. Amidst the whirl of the ballroom, their mutual enchantment was palpable to onlookers as they gracefully danced together. As for the whereabouts of Lord Anthony Bridgerton, that remains a mystery.

But fear not, dear readers, who knows what romantic entanglements and scandalous affairs await us in the days to come?

Yours ever in curiosity,
Lady Whistledown

The ton had returned to full swing in London after the succession of the Bridgerton's Aubrey Hall ball. Anthony and Evienne were friends again, the tension that Violet perceived between her children had dissipated, and Evienne had found herself a match.

The Duke of Surlamm, was a perfectly acceptable match, the Queen herself had introduced the two at Aubrey hall and they had danced twice. After returning to London he had called upon the Duchess, along with other suitors, but only he sparked her interest. He was her prize, the most respected, suitable match, and she was sure she will have completed her duties by the end of her first season.