Prologue

Evienne was the daughter to the Duke Edward and late Duchess Evangeline Beaumont. Her beauty radiated far greater than the grandeur of the palaces and flourished more than the wisteria that grew on the walls of London. Her smile was a rare jewel, that growing up, she ensured everyone encountered.

Her late mother passed during the birth of her second daughter Anastasia. Evienne always felt it her duty to be the mother figure that little Anna would never have, though still nurturing the fondness of sisterhood.

The two girls were inseparable on all counts, despite the 5 year gap, between the two sisters, you would always find them joint at the hip, no matter the circumstance.

The late Duchess was the dearest of friends with her magesty the Queen, Charlotte, even bestowing the honor of being her first born's god mother. Meaning that if there weren't enough eyes on the family, growing up summering at the queens palace was sure to do the trick.

London's high society, it had a special place in Evienne's heart as a little girl, she would count down the days each summer that she would visit her dear Lottie, though she pretended to despise the nickname, it brought her great fondness. The days she would roam the streets of London, attend the balls, though far too young and mingle with all of the ton, doting on the young ladies of the marriage market dreaming of her debut into society.

She was particularly fond of the nights  her family and other close friends would rendezvous for their summer dinners. Whether it be at the Bridgerton's or with lady Danbury, Evienne could always count on a splendid night, especially when it came to the Bridgeton boys. 

Evienne couldn't recount the first day she met the Bridgertons but since she had the most fun when they were near. She was the same age as the eldest daughter Daphne, the two similar in their love for pretty dresses that sparkled, much like the two of them.

However where they differed was that Evienne  loved to play, their father hadn't seen it fit to force the girls into strict ladylike ways at such young ages, not to say they behaved like trolls. In fact Anastasia had always had the more lady like bone, always polite and acceptable, unlike the wild and free Evienne who would much rather run around with the bridgerton brothers than frolic or pretend promenade.

She had always thought that this was fine and no one thought anything of it, but she was rudely mistaken.