𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐰𝐨|Visit

Theo and Alea came over so my parents did a BBQ for lunch

Theo and Alea came over so my parents did a BBQ for lunch. Mom and Alea are prepping the meat right now and I'm sitting with my Dad and Theo eating snacks as they take a break from building the greenhouse.

I'm heading down to Boston straight after eating. I can't wait to see my niece and nephews.

"How long do you recon this shit will take?" Theo asks my Dad, who is sitting on the porch swing beside me.

"3 days max." Dad replies.

"And you pick the hottest season of the year to do it?" He complains, popping a grape into his mouth.

"My wife wants it done for the summer." Dad says with a shrug of his shoulders.

Just then, the doors to the yard open and out comes my Mom and Alea with cold beers in their hands.

"Here." Mom says, placing the cold beer on the side of my Dad's face.

"Oh, thank you darling." He replies, looking up at her and releasing a breath.

"You done for the day?" She asks, pushing his hair back from his forehead. 

"Mhm." He hums, taking a sip of his beer and dropping his temple to her stomach.

"You got a lot done." Alea comments, handing Theo a beer bottle.

"Thanks to me." Theo grins like he's proud of himself.

"He's lying." Dad mutters.

"We know." The girls say in sync.

"Well, fuck you too." Theo scoffs, rolling his eyes.

After talking for a bit, Alea and Mom head back inside. I could do with a drink but I have to drive later. Goddammit.

"Crazy how they knew."  Dad says, smirking against the rim of his beer bottle.

"But you know what's crazy," Theo smirks. "You've never had a serious relationship before River."

"Hey, Theo," Dad smiles sarcastically. "You know what's actually crazy?"

"What?" Theo matches his smile. He's like a golden retriever.

"No one fucking asked." Dad says, shooting him a glare and in response, Theo throws a grape at him.

"Jackass." He chuckles, shaking his head.

"You've never had a serious relationship before Alea." Dad points.

"That's not true," He shakes his head. "Remember that chick from high school?"

"Which one?"

"I forgot her fuckin' name." He mutters, rubbing his forehead as if that will help him remember.

"Guess it wasn't that serious of a relationship seeing as you forgot her name." Dad scoffs, shaking his head at him.