Exams

The following morning was spent preparing for the exam. The two of us were a little unsure of what to expect, but ultimately, we filled our pouches with whatever supplies we found in our bags. Aizawa arrived around 9:00 AM and took us down to a large lecture Hall that slowly started filling with people.

"Alright, I wish you both luck, but I have to go. Just listen to the directions given by the proctor and you should be fine. Also, it's important you try to act as any regular student would if you didn't already know." He said, waved, and walked out.

Not long after we got seated, the proctor came around with the exam papers and pencils, then a few minutes later the exam had started. The first section of the written exam was in a language I'd never seen. It appeared to be a jumble of random characters. Upon realizing I had no chance of answering I was brought back to my Chunin exam. At the time I had spent hours preparing for the array of difficult questions I had to answer and because of that during the test I was able to mostly answer every question, but this was different. I'm sure this is what my classmates probably felt, looking at a test and having no clue where to even start. I never thought I'd be feeling this way but it's funny how life does that to you. The difference between then and now however is that the goal of the Chunin exam was for them to cheat, they were never intended to know the answers to begin with. On the other hand, this was supposed to be a pure test of knowledge. I've never had to cheat on an exam before but I suppose there's no time like the present.

I looked at Kakashi to see how he was fairing and it seemed as if he'd already gone through the same thought process as me, The way he behaved reminded me of Sasuke during that exam, using the Sharingan to copy the movements of the person in front of him. I decided to just cheat off of him since that would probably be the easiest. If his chakra systems had healed enough to be able to use Sharingan, then he would be fine during the physical test as well. I didn't want to admit it, but I was worried. Focusing back on the task at hand, I cast a small Genjutsu around myself to appear as if my eyes were on my own paper and not Kakashis' when in reality I was copying his answers down.

Once this language portion of the test was completed, we received yet another section. However, this time, it was a language I could read, which was a relief. I was able to answer a majority of these questions with confidence so I saw no reason to cheat and completed the section rather quickly. The following two were also a breeze: science and math. Upon seeing the problems I felt a little bit more at home and I'm sure I finished far ahead of the other applicants. Kakashi, however, wasn't far behind, which I'll admit surprised me a little. Once I was done, I rested my head on my desk while we waited for the exam to finish, slowly drifting off into sleep.

"Sakura, Wake up it's time for the next part of the exam."

"5 more minutes..." I said swatting at the voice standing beside me.

"I'm not usually one to care about being on time but we don't want to make a bad impression on the first day." He said catching my arm and pulling me up out of my chair.

"Finee," I said, and as I looked at the baby-faced Kakashi standing before me I laughed slightly and shook off his hand before stretching out my arms and legs, "Let's go then."

We walked down the enormous halls following the crowd of starry-eyed kids. Eventually, we made it to yet another large hall finding seats near the back. A few minutes later the room had become filled to the brim and we were surrounded by people. Once most people were seated. the doors shut and lights turned on all around the room while a few stragglers quickly took their seats, the group's voices calming down to subtle whispers. A tall man with spiky blonde hair and speakers on his shoulders took center stage and greeted us with some interesting dialogue... After catching the vibe of the room he decided to just begin explaining the practical portion of the exam.

A series of mock battles against giant robots? This would be a piece of cake. Unfortunately, me and Kakashi were assigned separate zones but I don't think that'll be a problem for either of us.The man continued explaining when suddenly a blue-haired student raised his hand and stood, the proctor called on him just for him to make a point about some error that was printed onto the information cards we received. He then proceeded to turn around and yell at some random kid about being too loud resulting in murmurs and some laughs to come from the other students. Poor kid. The Spiky-haired man calmed everyone down and explained the "error" and the rest of the exam.

Once he had finished the explanation we were dismissed to go change and prepare for the exam. Some changed into gym clothes but Kakashi and I didn't. Kashi walked with me to my zone which was zone A before leaving to his zone, zone B. I waved him off as he walked away before taking in those around me. The only notable person was a hunched-over blondie who looked pissed beyond belief.

"I wonder what's up his ass," I muttered but when I heard a small giggle from the person next to me I froze. I turned to be greeted with a huge smile and bright pink skin.

"I don't know but he's had that look on his face since we got here!" She laughed and I just started, pink skin... I'd never seen anything like it. "Nice to meet you, My name is Mina Ashido!" Said the girl pointing both thumbs back at herself.

"Haha yeah, I'm Sakura Haruno, Nice to meet you too," I said trying to return her energy but I just couldn't get over the pink.

"Oh my gosh, that is such a cute name it must be because of your hair!! That was the first thing I noticed about you, after all, I have pink hair to soooooooo, I was like I need to go talk to her! Only I just happened to overhear you muttering about grumpy over there, but yeah let's do our best in this exam ok!!!" She said and grabbed my hand shaking it rapidly. I tried to just smile and nod but my head was spinning from how fast this girl was talking.

Then I heard the proctor from before who I turned to see was standing on a massive pole in the center of the area telling us to begin and with that, I was off dusting everyone else in my zone. Even without using any chakra, my physical abilities alone should be enough to get me through this exam seeing how far behind everyone else is. That is until I heard a panging of explosions behind me followed by over the top and even barbaric yelling. I turned my head around to see the angry little blond kid flying threw the air being propelled by explosions.

"GET BACK HERE YOU PINK HAIRED FREAK! I WILL WIN!!!" He yelled and I figured he was probably talking about me, I stuck out my tongue and shot a little chakra to my feet. Just like that, there was no more annoying little grinch in my ear, wonderful!

Soon after I came across my first robot. It didn't take much effort at all to dispatch it nor the ones that followed but I noticed a lot of people around me were struggling to take out even one to two robots. Being unsure of what standard was expected of me, I just decided to take out as many as I could find until the time ran out. A few dozen Robots later a loud nose could be reverberating throughout the zone. In the middle of the area, a massive Robot climbed out of the concrete leading to a panic. I was far enough away that it wouldn't affect me yet I couldn't help but wonder if there was anyone here other than me and Kakashi capable of taking the thing out. I continued running around smashing robots until the siren rang, signaling the end of the exam. That's also when I noticed that the robot had in fact been defeated but by who I didn't know.

As the exam was finally over people began to change back into their normal clothing whilst chatting about how they thought they had done or how many points they scored. Based on the numbers I was hearing, I was sure I'd gotten more than enough points, in fact, I may have gone a little bit overboard...

I hurriedly changed and waited outside the boy's locker rooms for Kakashi. As he walked out, I noticed something odd, He had changed into regular clothes yet I noticed the few minor scrapes that littered his arms and the weird stitch in his side he clutched when we began to walk. He didn't seem like talking so I didn't ask and we moved on. On the way back to the dorms, I told Kakashi about Ashido and how her entire body was pink. He seemed to lighten up a bit, and we continued in meaningless conversation until we reached....home?