16

"I can't believe you did that" I gasp, meeting Noah by the stairs after we just finished showering

"I can't believe you did that" I gasp, meeting Noah by the stairs after we just finished showering. To say we were covered in food would be an understatement. We were drenched in it. Drowning in it. We were a human buffet.

Of course, the second we started throwing the foot around like a maniac, Alex and Ash had to walk in the front door.

I think I can still hear Alex's shouts reverberating inside my eardrums.

"What do you mean? You started it!"

I pinch the bridge of my nose and sigh, "I was getting the flour out of your hair!"

A second of quietness lasts before he mumbles an "oh yeah", making a small laugh escape my lips.

We walk down the stairs in a comfortable silence, meeting the now spotless kitchen and living room.

"The maids must've cleaned it" Noah thinks aloud, answering my silent questions. Honestly, I forgot we had maids. They always come during the daytime when no one is here but they live quite close so I'm assuming they stopped by whilst Noah and I were showering.

"That saved us a lot of time" I whisper to Noah as we walk into the kitchen, seeing Ash sitting at the counter on his phone.

He sends us a disapproving look but doesn't say anything. I chew on my bottom lip as I take a seat beside Ash. Noah walks over to the bread cupboard and pulls out four slices.

"Lee, you want some toast?"

"Sure" I say and watch him pull out two more slices. He's planning on eating four slices of toast?

That's crazy.

I peep over Ashton's shoulder and see him watching a YouTube video. I subtly lean back into my chair and pretend like I didn't. "How many days left of school until summer vacation?" I ask no-one in particular.

"3 days" they both answer at the same time. "Okay thanks.. 3 days?" I repeat, a smile on my lips.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" I squeal. How is there only 3 school days left?

Ash laughs quietly while Noah goes back to making the toast. We have two toasters, each with 4 holders in it. 

The first batch pops up and Noah turns them around and pings them back down again. He follows with the second toaster.

"Ash, no offence but what are you doing here?" Noah asks when it goes silent again. 

Ash places a hand on his heart, pretending to be crying. I hold back my laugh. 

"Just joking," he laughs to himself, "I'm sorry I haven't been at home as much as normal but some things have been going on recently.."

I cut him off, "what things?"

"Nothing serious at all. I've just been spending time with a few girls instead of being at home with you all. I'll try be here more often" he promises.

Noah nods, happy he'll try spend more time here. He places the toast on a plate and starts buttering two slices.