06

"Tell them what you told us!" Noah shouts as walk straight through the front door to the kitchen

"Tell them what you told us!" Noah shouts as walk straight through the front door to the kitchen. "Noah, it's just a proje-"

"Guys, she wants a boy too come to our house" Noah cuts me off, a look of disbelief scattered across his features.

"A boy?" Liam stands up from the kitchen chair. He cracks his knuckles intimidatingly and it makes me want to shrink into a little ball.

"What boy?" Alex raises an eyebrow. I sigh and pinch the bridge of my nose, "not you too, Alex."

"Give me his name" Liam butts in. "Yeah, what is it?" Noah adds, cracking his neck from side-to-side. "Oh my god" I mumble under my breath and Ashton puts his hands on my shoulders, massaging them gently.

"Ash, please tell them they're acting hysterical. It's just a project" I whine, twisting myself and wrapping my arms in my brother's embrace.

Ash places one arm around my waist and puts his other hand on the back of my head, pushing my head into his chest. "Guys, chill out. It's just a project"

"You have to be out of your mind if you think it's acceptable for a teenage boy for a 'project' and spend time with her alone" Liam grunts, a look of disbelief on his face like Noah's.

"Name, Everleigh" Alex reminds me and I whine, tilting my head up to look at Ash who nods for me to continue. 

"He's called Jacob" I say quietly, hoping they wouldn't be able to hear me.

"And his surname?" Ash asks this time. "And address" Liam smirks. 

I look to Alex with a pleading look and I watch as his eyes soften and he sighs. "This 'Jacob' boy can come as long as you stay somewhere we can check up on you. Ideally the dining room since there's a large table for your work but also the glass double doors that can be left open."

I nod and rush into his arms, "thank you" I mumble against his chest.

He holds me comfortingly like Ashton did, one arm around my body whilst his other hand is on the back of my head. Gradually, I pull away and look at Liam and Noah.

Ashton turns around to head to the kettle whilst Alex remains behind me, I cheekily stick my tongue out at them.

Their mouths drop open, "Alex!"

I turn to face Alex with a confused glance, playing dumb. "Did you just see that? She's.. taunting.. us! That's it, young lady, you're grounded! In your room for the next week and no project" Liam smirks.

"Liam" Alex warns but he continues smirking. "Liam, Noah, you will not do anything to get in the way of Everleigh's project, you hear me?" he clarifies.

Liam and Noah look at him, a dismissing wave of hands but a clear warning is evident. "Yeah guys" I mumble to tease them further. Noah sends me a glare whilst Alex gently pinches my arm, "don't tease them."