04

"You did what?" I gasp, after finding out what happened between Mollie and Everleigh

"I know it's bad but I couldn't not do it. He fucking threatened me" she whispers with wide eyes.

I step forward and hug my arms around her, "I know but it's still so shocking. Why would they do that? What's it to them whether your friends with Leah or not?" I ask.

She sniffles into my shoulder, "I don't know but whoever it is really isn't messing around. I can't believe they held a knife up to my neck. Sienna, I was so scared" her voice cracks.

I silently sigh and rub her back with my hand, hugging her impossibly tighter, "that must've been terrifying, Mollie. I'm so glad you told me. We'll get to the bottom of this. I promise you that everything will get better. We can call the police, they can identify the man-"

"No!"

I pull away from the hug a little to look her into the eyes, "No?"

"We can't. The man in the mask said that if we get the authorities involved, they'll know. Somehow they'll find out. He said he would make my family's life a living hell" she cries.

I close my eyes shut, attempting to choose the correct decision on our inner conflict. "Wait how comes this mystery man turned up at your house? Me, you, Tiana and Everleigh are always together. What about Tiana and I?" I question.

She shrugs, "I wish I knew. Wait, Sienna.. What if h-he turns up at your house? Or Tiana's? Oh my god" she mumbles under her breath.

"Hey" I tilt her chin up and look directly into her eyes, "it's going to be okay. Alright?"

She nods but her eyes are moving hastily around the school field that we're standing in the middle of. "Mollie" I whisper, moving my face a little down so she can truly see my eyes.

"It's going to be okay. Say it."

She stares into my eyes for a moment before repeating, "It's going to be okay." 

I lose myself into her warm chocolate eyes. She brings her hand up to one of her tightly braided strands and plays with it nervously, fiddling it around her index finger. I place my hand onto hers and tuck the strand behind her ear. I softly smile before blinking out of my trance.

I awkwardly clear my throat and drop my hand, taking a step back. "I'm sorry" I whisper in shock. "I don't know why I did that-"

"Shut up" Mollie mumbles before grabbing my cheeks and smashing her lips onto mine.

---