Chapter 98: (Day of Relaxation)

(Day of Relaxation)

*July 20th, 1906*

*Emerald Gardens*

Three days passed since Dion's announcement and Dorothy was sleeping on the grass outside of the palace while  Betsy and Zeb kept her company.

"I'm glad I was able to tell my parents that I was staying at your place. I don't want them to worry like last time.." Betsy spoke to Zeb while the boy nodded in agreement.

"Same with my folks back at the ranch, my uncle would have been worried sick if I hadn't told him where I was.." Zeb responded to Betsy while looking over to see Toto and Eureka horsing around before focusing his attention on his friend.

"Hey, are you sure that Dorothy can't beat Dion? I mean, even she was confident that her new power or whatever couldn't beat him." Zeb spoke to his friend once more in a curious manner while Betsy shook her head in denial.

"Nah, I think Dorothy can beat him. I refuse to believe otherwise. Dorothy is my best friend so I'll be rooting for her, no matter what anyone or even she says." Betsy responded with a smile while looking up at the sky while Zeb nodded with a smile.

"I had a feeling you were going to answer the question like that. I also feel the same way, I also feel Dorothy might pull through." Zeb responded to his friend in full agreement while resting his body against the tree.

During their small talk, Kiki approached the pair to introduce herself since she was roaming the gardens as well.

"Hello, My name is Kiki, student of Glinda, the Good Witch of the South. I believe we've met before during Ozma's birthday party." Kiki introduced herself to the pair in a polite voice while Betsy and Zeb began to introduce themselves as well.

"My name is Zeb Hugson. I hope we can become good friends or at least on good terms." Zeb responded while shaking hands with the young girl before Betsy began to speak as well.

"Oh yeah, I remember seeing you with her, and my name is Betsy Bobbin. It's a pleasure to see you again. What brings you here today?" Betsy introduced herself as well before shaking hands with Kiki while waiting for an answer.

"Pleasure to meet the both of you, I came here to see how everyone was doing, and I can see that Dorothy is resting, right? I can tell that a long year of training gave her quite the time." Kiki responded to the pair in a polite voice while Betsy and Zeb nodded in agreement.

"Oh yeah, I was worried for Dorothy since that training did a number on her but I'm glad that she was able to patch up her bruises from that time as well, but as long as Dorothy is okay then that's less to deal with." Betsy responded with concern and optimism in her voice while Zeb nodded in agreement.

"Indeed, and I was also wondering, Do you and Zeb believe people from your world might join the tournament? I know the people there aren't that strong but I heard the resilience is quite strong over there." Kiki curiously asked Betsy and Zeb while Betsy shrugged her shoulders with uncertainty.

"Who knows, I'm assuming nobody but me and Zeb are going to show up, but who knows honestly, I'm sure SOME idiot might show up.." Betsy responded with uncertainty while Zeb began to chime into the conversation.

"Not even all of the armies on the planet could take down Dion. It would just be plain foolishness on their behalf; however, what I also don't get is why Dion is hosting the tournament in Kansas rather than in Oz?" Zeb chimed into the conversation with confusion in his voice while Betsy and Kiki were feeling the same way.

"That's a good question, and my guess is that he wanted everyone to watch?; however, that's impossible since there's no way to even achieve such a thing.." Betsy responded with confusion in her voice while Kiki eventually gave them a reassuring smile.