Chapter 68: (Escaping the Scoolders)

(Escaping the Scoolders)

*June 15th, 1906*

*Scoolderland*

Dorothy, Polychrome, and Button-Bright were all surrounded by the scoolders as their faces turned around to reveal their other side which was a purple face.

"Alright, let's smash our way out of this place! I'll see you on the other side!" Polychrome cried out to Dorothy before quickly dashing through the many creatures attempting to grab her and Shaggy Man, who was on the back of the rainbow girl while Button-Bright quickly held on much to Dorothy's dismay.

"Polychrome sure is reckless but we gotta get out of here and once we get to the Emerald City, I gotta ask Ozma about what's going on regarding my star mark.." Dorothy thought to herself while looking at the pinkish aura that was surrounding her body before clenching her fists while staring at the exit.

"Alright! Let's get out of this place! Full speed ahead!" Dorothy cried out before quickly flying toward the exit with speed; however, many heads of the scoodlers quickly blocked her path which made the girl use her arms as a form of protection but despite the hiccup, Dorothy managed to fight her way through the chaos rather successfully much to the anger of the creatures.

"Our soup! Don't let our meal escape! The queen will be angry!" One scoolder cried out before taking off his head in hopes of harming Dorothy with it while the other creature followed suit.

"You heard him! After them! Don't let a single one escape! The queen expects us to bring them back!" Another scoodler commanded with a raspy voice before throwing his head toward Dorothy with such speed; however, this was quickly dodged by the young girl.

"These guys are troublesome! I can't waste my time fending them off!" Dorothy spoke to herself while continuing to fight off more scoodlers who were intent on bringing the girl back to their queen, dead or alive.

"Stop wasting our time! The more you struggle the more your deaths will be prolonged! We shall feast upon the meat on your skin!!" The scoolder spat out in a viscous voice before laughing to himself and aiming at Dorothy before finally launching forward to its target; however, the young girl quickly dodged once more.

"No way! I won't want to be eaten! What's even up with this village? Just a bunch of strange people! I'm out of here!" Dorothy spoke back in annoyance before quickly heading toward the exit where she could see Polychrome and Button-Bright cheering her on which made the girl smile; however, this moment was interrupted by a huge rumbling sound that shook the area.

"W-What's that?! An earthquake?" Dorothy spoke once more in confusion while looking over at the other scoolders, laughing at the situation before being followed by a booming laugh and it was none other than the Queen.

The Scoolder Queen's purple head was now huge and appeared to overtake half of the area.

"Foolish girl!! I shall trap you within these caverns!! We shall feast upon your meat!!" The Scoolder Queen spoke to Dorothy with a thundering voice which was followed by her booming laughter which made Dorothy annoyed.

"Don't you guys ever give up? We didn't do anything wrong but if you want to eat me then I guess everyone would have to chase me!" Dorothy responded before letting out a smile while proceeding to fly towards the exit with such speed.

"GET HER!!!!" The Scoolder Queen roared with fury before chasing after her along with her subjects while consuming everything that was in her path.

The many scoolder heads were chasing after Dorothy in hopes of capturing her; however, they proved to be no match for Dorothy's newfound speed as the young girl was near the exit.