Chapter 17

Vegas's pov:

I opened my mouth as he brought a spoonful of rice to my mouth.

I chewed slowly as I leaned against Khun's chest.

He was sitting leaning on the headboard, holding me in his arms.

Porsche was sitting in front of me, feeding me the rice. And Kim was behind me, gently grooming my wings.

It was warm. And really nice.

Being taken care of like this.

My body feels lighter every day.

It's probably because of how much I've been pampered.

I barely have to do anything myself. They wait on my hand and foot.

Khun, Porsche and Kinn come every day.

Sometimes, they just talk about random things while I listen. Other times, it goes like this. Them, holding me and feeding me in comfortable silence.

I glanced at Kinn who was sitting on the chair near the bed.

He doesn't try to get too close. But he doesn't stay far either. He's always within an arms reach.

It makes my heart feel warm, knowing that he's not pushing into my space. He's waiting until I'm ready to have him closer.

"Do you feel better today?" Khun asked the same question that he asks at least 3 times everyday.

I nodded. "Mm... Better than yesterday..."

I shivered slightly as he rubbed my belly gently.

"I'm glad to hear that."

This is really nice...

I wish it would be like this forever...
.
.
.
.
.
I stared at him silently as he sat back in the chair, with his arms crossed over his chest.

Kim and Porsche had gone out to attend some calls while Khun had gone out to get some snacks and food.

So it was just Kinn and I.

I gulped and gathered my courage before saying the word I've been dying to call him for years now.

"Hia."

He immediately snapped his head toward me, eyes wide with disbelief.

"Wh-what?"

"Hia, I want cuddles." I extended my arms toward him.

He took a second to process my words before letting out a wet chuckle and quickly climbing onto the bed.

I snuggled close to him with a satisfied hum as he sat beside me, leaning against the headboard.

His steady heartbeat against my ear was really nice as he wrapped his arm around me.

"I don't hate you. I was just a bit scared. But I know you didn't do those things because you wanted to. Korn made you believe that it was the only way to get the lesson through my head." I muttered.

His arm tightened around me. "I'm sorry."

"I know. It's ok." I replied.

"I'll be fine as long as you keep your hands low and don't try to touch my throat or head." I added.

I felt him pressing his nose on the top of my head and breathing deeply. "I'll be careful."

I smiled softly as I nuzzled against his chest and took in his soothing scent.

Yeah.

It's ok.

This is not someone I need to fear.