Chapter 8

Kim's pov:

I watched him silently as he slept.

He was curled up against my chest, one hand curled into my shirt loosely.

I don't think he realized he had said those words out loud as he dozed off.

"Everything would be better if I die..."

I could tell it was a bad day the moment I came into the studio and saw him.

Putting aside the fact that he was strumming the guitar hard enough to peel the skin off his fingertips, his blank expression was more of a tell than anything.

His eyes had that distant look as well.

Although his silence was not something I was expecting.

He had opened his mouth to say something at first but it was as if his voice wouldn't come out. As if there was something blocking his throat.

I tightened my arms around him.

"It won't be better if you die... Not for me... I want you alive. I want you by my side. What should I do to make you realize that you're worth everything? That you're worth being alive. That you're worth having someone by your side. Just what should I do, Vegas? What should i do to make you see that you've brought light into my dark life with your presence? That you've freed me from the darkness that I've been trapped in for so long without anyone noticing. Not even the ones who claim to love me. You saved me without even trying. Without knowing. What can I do to save you too? Please tell me. Let me save you too. Just like how you saved me." Tears stung my eyes as I pressed my forehead against his.
.
.
.
.
I watched him silently as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes.

I couldn't help but think he looked adorable with the bed head and groggy expression.

I smiled when he looked at me.

"Sorry... I didn't realize when I fell asleep..." He mumbled.

I reached out and combed my fingers through his hair, fixing his bed head a bit.

"It's fine. You don't need to apologize. I also got to take a nap in the meantime."

I barely bit back a coo when he leaned into my touch with a soft hum.

Fucking adorable I swear.
.
.
.
I looked around as I closed the door behind me, holding the bags of takeout in my left hand.

I stopped when I saw him sitting on the beanbag, wiping the guitar with a wet tissue.

I could tell he felt guilty about getting blood on it.

I went upto him and sat down beside the beanbag on the floor, keeping the bags in front of me.

I looked at the guitar.

The stains weren't coming off the strings. The rest of it seemed to have cleaned off though.

"I can just replace the strings. It's ok." I reached out and held the hand that was rubbing at a stubborn spot.

"I'm sorry..." He mumbled.

"I'm not upset. You didn't realize you were doing it until I held your hand even." I took the guitar from him and kept it aside.

"I should have been more careful..." He sighed.

"You should have." I nodded.

But before he could start feeling guilty even more, I continued.

"Not because of the guitar. But because if you were more careful, you wouldn't have gotten hurt."