Chapter 5

Kim's pov:

I slowly opened my eyes, blinking quickly to adjust my vision.

The studio was dark. The only light was the moonlight pouring in through the windows.

It's already night time?

Damn.

We had crashed on the mattress I had here after eating an early dinner which consisted of takeout.

I look down when I realized my right side felt a bit heavy.

I was pleasantly surprised to see him curled up against my side, fast asleep.

Cute.

His arm was looped around mine so I couldn't really move.

I carefully turned to face him, a soft smile forming on my face when I saw his peaceful expression.

I wish you could always make this expression...

I reached out and lightly traced my finger over his cheekbone, nose, and down to his lips.

My touch faltered when it came close to his split lip.

"I wish I could keep you from getting hurt..." I muttered under my breath.

I pulled my hand back quickly when he shifted a bit and started waking up.

I smiled when our gazes met as he opened his eyes.

He blinked in surprise before seemingly realizing his position and immediately pulled back and sat up.

I sat up as well, chuckling at the embarrassment reflected on his face.

"So you're a cuddly sleeper." I teased.

I had to bite back my laughter when his cheeks flushed deep enough to be noticeable even in the darkness.

"You looked cute. Clinging to my arm like that in your sleep." I leaned in closer to him.

"Don't tease me. I've never slept with anyone like that so I never realized either." He whined.

"I'm just telling the truth." I shrugged and pulled back a bit.

He looked around, seemingly realizing the time.

"Ahh! I need to go back!" He scrambled to get up from the mattress.

I blinked surprised at the sudden haste.

"Do you have plans?"

"Ru must be waiting." He muttered, obviously more to himself than me as he grabbed his things.

Oh.

I felt my cheeks heat up and I had to cover my mouth with my hand to hide the wide smile on my face.

He's panicking because he thinks I would be waiting for him.

Fuck.

"I should head back as well." I cleared my throat as I got up.
.
.
.
.
The door to his room opened just as I managed to hop onto the bed and lay down.

I barely made it before him by running here after parking my car in the driveway of the compound.

Thank fuck I know a shortcut.

That was fucking close.

"Ru, I'm so sorry I kept you waiting." He muttered as he came up to the bed and sat down beside me before patting me gently.

I meowed and nuzzled against his palm.

He smiled in relief as he scooped me up in his arms and hugged me to his chest.