Urgent News- Oswald Cobblepot (Gotham) Pt.3~ Arrival

Oswald paced outside his bedroom, nervously biting his lip. Inside, his wife was currently giving birth, having his child. He never thought this would ever happen in his life!

Of course, when her water broke, he had Gotham General bring their equipment to his Manor immediately, wanting nothing more than for Y/N to be in a comfortable, familiar place for their miracle.

"Oswald, if you could please, stop pacing-" Edward started but Oz cut him off.

"I know, I know, it's not helping anyone, and it's just making me more nervous!" he snapped.

Edward rolled his eyes and shook his head. "No, it's just annoying."

Butch and Victor snickered at this in the corner of the hallway, but Oswald shot them a look and they shut up.

"What if something is wrong with it? What if it dies?" Oswald paled. "What if there's a complication? Oh, god, what if Y/N dies!! I need to get in there, those doctors don't know what they're doing-"

Ed stopped Oz before he could burst the door open. "Oh, and you do know? Please. In this state, if you went in there, Y/N's risk would be higher. This is exactly why we are keeping you out here."

Butch rolled his eyes and pushed Ed out of the way, placing a strong hand on Oz's shoulder. "Both Y/N and your daughter are going to be fine. It's you we need to worry about."

"I think the doctors brought some anaesthetics if you need them!" Zsasz piped up with a smirk.

"I'm gonna kill him," Oz growled, reaching for his gun, but Butch stopped him.

"Geez, are you sure YOU'RE not the pregnant one? Your mood swings are crazy right now!" Butch chuckled. "As much as I would get a kick out of you offing Victor, it's not worth it over this. Just, calm down."

"I'll be calm once I know my wife and child are okay!" Oswald cried, tears pricking his vision.

Edward sighed. "Fine. I will go in and watch over them. If anything goes wrong, I'll come get you." Before Oswald could speak, Edward shoved Butch aside and stepped into the room, closing the door behind him.

Oswald's breathing heightened and he leaned against the wall for support. "V-Victor, g-go get me some water," he ordered.

The assassin nodded and left. Oz blinked and tried to shake the lightheadedness he was feeling. There were so many things that could go wrong that he had no control over... it was frightening. And even though he trusted Edward... it just wasn't enough.

Victor returned shortly with the water, and Oswald snatched it and chugged the whole glass. He then threw it across the hallway to the opposite wall, where it shattered as he slid down the wall he was leaning on. Oz placed his head in his hands, sobbing lightly.

Butch kneeled beside him. "Hey, Boss..."

Victor kneeled as well, a look of concern that he normally didn't feel gracing his features. But even he had to admit, seeing his boss like this... it wasn't normal. He didn't know what to say, so he kept quiet, letting Butch do the talking.

"Boss... Oz... everything will be okay. You're gonna have a beautiful baby girl, and she's gonna be the best thing in the world. She will be healthy and happy, and she'll have a caring family... a scary one, but caring nonetheless."

Victor grinned. "Hey, no one will mess with her with Uncle Zsasz around."

Oz sniffled, glancing up at the men. "Are you sure?"

"Positive," Butch assured him.

Suddenly, the door to the bedroom opened, and Edward stepped out.

Oswald leapt to his feet, putting too much pressure on his injured leg, but he didn't care.

Ed smiled warmly and gestured inside. "Oswald, go meet your daughter."

Oswald raced inside, Butch and Victor on his heels. When he got inside, he noticed Y/N on their bed, sweaty with tears streaming down her face. But they weren't tears of pain or sadness- they were tears of joy. And in her arms, she held her swaddled daughter.

Their swaddled daughter.

Oswald felt tears streaming down his face as he slowly approached the bed. Y/N looked up and grinned widely. "Oz... we did it..."

"You did it, love," he murmured, kissing the top of her head before finally getting a look at his daughter.

And even though she was a bit slimy, and pink, and still had her eyes closed- she was the most beautiful thing Oswald had ever seen.

He sat on the edge of the bed and stared at her, scared to move or even breathe lest he scare it. Y/N noticed this and thought it was adorable. "Ozzie, hold your daughter." She held the baby out to him.

Without hesitation, Oswald gently took the baby from Y/N's arms into his own. He rocked her gently, feeling her warmth in his hands.

"Wow..." Butch breathed, his eyes wide. "She's adorable."

"She'll already make such a great assassin, by the looks of it," Victor said admirably.

Y/N frowned. "Really, Victor? And thank you, Butch."

Butch smiled and elbowed Zsasz. "Ha!"

"Oh, come on! That was a compliment!" Victor huffed, although he was still smirking.

Oswald held his finger over his daughter and booped her nose. "It looks like you have your mom's nose... and that's a good thing, you don't want your dad's nose, no you don't!"

Y/N giggled. "Why not? I think it's cute."

Suddenly, the baby's hand found its way to Oz's finger and clamped around it. He felt his heart swell up so much, he thought he was going to explode. Tears streamed down his face. "I love her so much!" he whispered, kissing the hand that was holding his finger.

"So, what are you going to name her?" Edward spoke up.

Oz paused. He realized they'd never picked a name. He looked to Y/N for her opinion.

"What about... Elena? After your great-great-grandmother?" She suggested sweetly.

Oz nodded. "That's a beautiful name, isn't it, Elena?" he cooed, tickling his daughter with the finger that was now free from her grasp.

"A powerful name, too, it demands respect," Victor stated. "Victor Zsasz, at your service, Madame Elena!" he saluted.

Butch shoved him into one of the doctors. "Hey, do me a favour and take this psycho to Arkham, eh?" he chuckled.

"Oh, yeah, you're a real riot," Victor scoffed, dusting himself off.

"Can you guys not do this in front of our daughter, please?" Oz huffed, narrowing his eyes at the pair.

Y/N giggled. "Well, she's going to have to get used to it, it's gonna happen a lot around here." She snuggled up beside Oswald and laid her head on his shoulder, her eyelids drooping. "Isn't it, honey?"

Ed immediately took the hint and ushered Butch and Victor out of the room, knowing the pair wanted to be alone with their daughter.

Oz rested his head on top of Y/N. "I'm so proud of you- both of you," he murmured, kissing the top of Y/N's head.

Y/N sighed tiredly and Oz felt her get heavier on his shoulder. "And I'm proud of you. Are you happy?"

"Are you kidding?" Oswald asked, his expression glowing. "I'm with my amazing wife Y/N and beautiful daughter Elena. I'm the happiest guy in the world."