Found You- Barbara Gordon (DC vs. Vampires)

As requested by PrimeofPrimes115!

The full moon hung like a sentinel in the sky, casting its cold light down onto the grimy, deserted streets of Gotham City. The alleys, usually teeming with life, were now the hunting grounds of the undead. Barbara Gordon, known to most as Batgirl, moved with calculated precision through the shadows, her senses on high alert for any signs of movement.

She didn't have to wait long. The telltale rustle and guttural growls echoed through the alleyway. A horde of vampires emerged from the darkness, their eyes glowing with hunger, their fangs bared in anticipation. Barbara's heart raced, but her resolve hardened. She had faced worse odds before.

With a fluid motion, she drew her escrima sticks and leapt into action. The first vampire lunged at her, its claws swiping through the air. She dodged gracefully, delivering a swift kick to its chest, sending it crashing into a trash bin. Another vampire pounced from behind, but Barbara spun around, her sticks connecting with its head in a bone-crunching strike. She danced among them, a whirlwind of disciplined fury, but their numbers were overwhelming.

One vampire managed to claw her arm, ripping through her suit and drawing blood. She hissed in pain but didn't falter. However, the wound slowed her down, and the vampires sensed it. They closed in, their snarls growing louder, their eyes glowing brighter with anticipation of the kill.

As she fought desperately, Barbara's thoughts drifted to Y/N. It had been months since she'd last seen him. They had been close, once—closer than she'd ever been with anyone. But he disappeared when the vampires took over Gotham, and she had no idea if he was dead or alive. She shook off the thought, focusing on the battle at hand.

A vampire's claws came perilously close to her throat. She barely managed to parry the attack, her strength waning. She could feel herself being cornered, her chances of survival slipping away with each passing second.

Just as she was about to be overwhelmed, a dark figure swooped down from above, landing between her and the horde. The newcomer moved with incredible agility, flipping and twisting through the air, taking down vampires with precise, acrobatic strikes. Barbara's eyes widened as she recognized the fluid movements.

"Y/N?" she whispered, almost not believing her eyes.

The man turned to her, a familiar smile playing on his lips. "Hey, Babs. Long time no see."

Y/N moved like a force of nature, his kicks and punches landing with devastating effect. He seemed to be everywhere at once, taking out vampires left and right. Barbara, fueled by a renewed sense of hope, pushed herself to keep fighting. Together, they formed a seamless team, their attacks perfectly synchronized as if they had never been apart.

Within minutes, the last vampire fell, its body dissolving into ash. Breathing heavily, Barbara lowered her sticks, her gaze locked on Y/N. He looked different—hardened, more intense—but it was definitely him.

"Y/N," she said, her voice trembling with a mixture of relief and anger. "Where the hell have you been?"

Y/N wiped the sweat from his brow and looked at her, his eyes filled with a mixture of regret and determination. "I know you have a lot of questions, Barbara. And you deserve answers."

She crossed her arms, the pain in her wounded arm momentarily forgotten. "You think?"

He took a deep breath, his expression softening. "I didn't want to leave you, but I had to. When the vampires started spreading, I knew I had to find a way to stop them. I've been working on finding a cure, something that can save the innocent people who've been turned."

Barbara's anger wavered, replaced by confusion and concern. "A cure? Is that even possible?"

"I think it is. I've been following leads, gathering resources. I was on my way to a lab that might have the answers when I heard you fighting." He stepped closer, his eyes searching hers. "I couldn't let you die, Barbara. Not you."

Her heart softened, but she wasn't ready to let him off the hook so easily. "You should have told me. We could've worked together."

Y/N looked down, guilt etched on his face. "I was afraid. Afraid that I might fail, and afraid that if you were with me, I'd put you in more danger. I thought it was the only way to keep you safe."

Barbara sighed, the tension easing from her shoulders. "You idiot. You didn't have to do it alone. We're stronger together."

He looked up, his eyes filled with hope. "So, you forgive me?"

She didn't answer with words. Instead, she stepped forward and pulled him into a passionate kiss. Y/N's arms wrapped around her, holding her tight as if afraid she might vanish. When they finally broke apart, she rested her forehead against his.

"I missed you," she admitted softly.

"I missed you too," he replied, his voice equally tender.

Barbara pulled back slightly, her eyes shining with determination. "And if you think I'm letting you go off on your own again, you're even dumber than you look. We're going to that lab together. We're finding that cure."

Y/N chuckled, relief washing over him. "I wouldn't have it any other way."

They moved quickly through the streets, keeping to the shadows to avoid any more vampire patrols. As they ran, Y/N filled Barbara in on what he had discovered. The lab they were headed to was an old Wayne Enterprises research facility. It had been abandoned for years, but Y/N had reason to believe it held the key to a cure.

They reached the lab just as dawn was breaking, the first light of the day casting a faint glow over the city. Y/N led Barbara inside, and they quickly barricaded the entrance. The interior was dusty and filled with old equipment but was relatively intact.

Y/N activated a hidden panel, revealing a secret compartment containing files and vials of experimental compounds. "This is it," he said, a note of triumph in his voice. "I think we can use this to develop a cure."

Barbara looked at him, admiration and love in her eyes. "Then let's get to work."

They spent hours in the lab, analyzing the data and experimenting with the compounds. It was gruelling, meticulous work, but they were driven by the hope that they could save Gotham. Y/N's knowledge of chemistry and Barbara's technical expertise complemented each other perfectly, making them an unstoppable team.

As night fell once more, they finally had a breakthrough. A compound that showed promise in reversing the vampiric transformation. They tested it on a captured vampire, and to their amazement, it worked. The creature reverted to a human, dazed but alive.

Barbara turned to Y/N, tears of joy in her eyes. "We did it."

He smiled, pulling her into a tight embrace. "No, Barbara. You did it. I couldn't have done this without you."

She held him close, feeling a sense of fulfilment she hadn't felt in a long time. "We did it together. And now, we're going to save this city. Together."

Y/N looked into her eyes, his expression serious but filled with love. "I'm never leaving you again, Barbara. No matter what happens."

She kissed him again, their love rekindled amidst the darkness that had threatened to consume them. "Good. Because I'm not letting you go. Ever."

Barbara felt a renewed sense of hope as they prepared to take their cure to the streets and save Gotham. With Y/N by her side, she knew they could face any challenge. Together, they would reclaim their city from the clutches of darkness and build a future filled with light.