An Interesting Coffee Break- Loona (Helluva Boss)

As requested by  @GabeOwen6! Male Y/N.

Loona sauntered through the bustling streets of Imp City, relishing her well-deserved break from work. She clutched a steaming cup of coffee in one hand while absentmindedly scrolling through her phone with the other. It was a rare moment of peace in the chaotic world of IMP, and she intended to savour every second of it.

As she wandered down a narrow alley, the sounds of the city faded into the background, replaced by the distant echoes of her own footsteps. Loona took a long sip of her coffee, the rich aroma enveloping her senses. It was then that she heard something that didn't quite fit the usual hustle and bustle of the city—a soft whimpering.

Curious, Loona followed the sound until she found its source—a small imp child huddled in a corner, tears streaming down his face. He couldn't have been more than seven years old, his tiny frame shaking with sobs. Loona's heart twisted with sympathy as she knelt down beside him.

"Hey there, what's wrong?" she asked gently, setting her coffee aside.

The child, whose name was Y/N, looked up at her with big, watery eyes. "I-I lost my mom," he hiccupped, his voice trembling.

Loona's heart broke at his words. She could remember feeling lost and scared herself when she was younger, abandoned by her own family. She reached out and gently brushed the tears from Y/N's cheeks.

"It's okay, kiddo," she said softly, offering him a reassuring smile. "I'm here now. Let's see if we can find your mom together, alright?"

Y/N nodded, sniffling as he wiped his nose on his sleeve. Loona took his hand in hers, the warmth of her touch a comforting anchor in the darkness of the alley. Together, they set off in search of Y/N's mother, Loona's forgotten coffee left behind on the ground.

They wandered through the labyrinthine streets of Imp City, Loona asking passersby if they had seen a lost imp child while Y/N clung tightly to her hand. Despite their efforts, the search proved fruitless, and as the sun began to dip below the horizon, hope began to wane.

Loona could see the exhaustion etched on Y/N's face, his eyes drooping with fatigue. She knew they couldn't keep wandering aimlessly forever. Just as she was about to suggest finding a more official authority to help, Y/N tugged on her sleeve.

"Can we... can we just stay here for a little while?" he asked softly, gesturing to a nearby bench.

Loona nodded, leading him over to the bench and sitting down beside him. Y/N leaned against her, his head resting on her shoulder as he let out a tired sigh. Loona wrapped an arm around him, holding him close as they sat in silence, watching the world go by.

In that moment, Loona realized that sometimes, all someone needed was a little comfort, a little kindness to get through the tough times. She may not have been able to find Y/N's mother, but she could be there for him in her own way.

As the night descended and the city lights twinkled overhead, Loona felt a sense of peace wash over her. Despite the chaos and turmoil of their world, moments like these reminded her that there was still goodness to be found, even in the darkest of places.

Eventually, Y/N's breathing evened out, his small form slumping against Loona as he drifted off to sleep. She watched over him protectively, a soft smile playing on her lips as she realized that, in that moment, she had found something precious too—a connection, a bond that transcended their hectic world.

As the night draped its cloak over Imp City, Loona gently lifted Y/N from the bench, his sleepy form still nestled against her. She cradled him in her arms as she made her way through the winding streets, heading towards the IMP office where she worked.

The lights from the building flickered in the darkness, casting an eerie glow over the entrance. Loona pushed open the door and stepped inside, the familiar scent of blood and gunpowder greeting her as she made her way up the elevator to their floor.

Moxxie, Millie, and Blitz were still 'hard at work'; Blitz was attempting to shoot an apple off Moxxie's head while Millie cheered him on. They looked up in surprise as Loona entered, Y/N still in her arms.

"Loona, what's going on?" Moxxie asked concern etched on his face as he noticed the sleepy imp child in her arms.

Loona smiled reassuringly. "Found this little guy crying in an alley. He's lost his mom."

Millie's eyes softened as she got off the couch and approached them. "Poor thing," she said sympathetically, reaching out to stroke Y/N's hair gently.

Blitz, ever the sceptic, raised an eyebrow. "What are we supposed to do with him?"

Loona rolled her eyes. "We're going to take care of him, obviously. Can't just leave him out there alone."

With that, she made her way over to her desk, still cradling Y/N in her arms. She sat down and placed him on her lap, surrounded by the clutter of her workspace—pencils, pens, and stacks of paperwork.

Y/N stirred, just now having noticed that he'd been taken somewhere else. Surprisingly, he wasn't concerned. Perhaps it was because Loona's presence was... comforting.

His eyes widened in wonder as he took in the sight of the office around him. He reached out to grab a pencil, turning it over in his tiny hands with fascination.

Loona chuckled softly, ruffling his hair affectionately. "Like what you see?"

Y/N nodded eagerly, his eyes shining with excitement. "It's cool," he said, a hint of awe in his voice.

Loona leaned down and planted a kiss on his forehead. "You can hang out here for a while, okay? I'll show you around."

She pointed to the phone on her desk, which was now ringing. "See this? This is where I answer all the calls from our clients. You'll hear some interesting stuff, trust me."

Y/N's eyes gleamed with curiosity as he watched Loona pick up the phone, her voice taking on a... somewhat professional tone as she fielded a call from a particularly irate demon.

Once she hung up, she turned back to Y/N, a mischievous glint in her eye. "That can wait. Now, let me introduce you to the rest of the gang."

Loona led Y/N around the office, introducing him to Moxxie, Millie, and Blitz, who all greeted him with smiles and waves; even though Blitz's smile looked a bit strained. Y/N grinned from ear to ear, feeling like he was part of something special.

Loona showed him her desk, pointing out the various knick-knacks and trinkets she had collected over the years. She let him play with her pencils and pens, his tiny hands darting around as he explored the unfamiliar objects.

As Y/N settled into her lap, Loona wrapped her arms around him, feeling a warmth spread through her chest. She had never been one for sentimental attachments, but there was something about Y/N that made her want to protect him, to keep him safe from the harsh realities of the world outside.

"Hey, Loona?" Y/N piped up, his voice barely above a whisper.

"Yeah, kiddo?" Loona replied, brushing a stray lock of hair from his forehead.

"Thanks for taking care of me," Y/N said, his eyes shining with gratitude.

Loona felt her heart swell with emotion as she hugged him tighter. "Anytime, kid. Anytime."

And so, as the night stretched on and the office buzzed with activity, Loona and Y/N sat together in the warm glow of the office lights, their bond growing stronger with each passing moment. In that little corner of Imp City, amidst the chaos and madness, they found a moment of peace, a sanctuary where they could be themselves, surrounded by friends who accepted them for who they were.