Chapter 39

It was Monday morning, that meant: weight in. You were extremely anxious. You knew that you were not getting the nocturnal feed removed, since you were not eating at least 80% of your meal plan for at least 3 days in a row. But you were scared because what if you gained 3 lbs. without even eating 80% of your meal plan? What would happen when you were, in fact, eating 80% of your meal plan or a 100%? The nurse came in and drew out some blood then Dr. Khan came in and prepared to take you to the exam room.

- "Hello Elizabeth! How are you doing?"

- "Hello Dr. Khan. I'm fine, thanks for asking" you replied. But as she started to push the wheelchair you added: - "Actually, there's something I want to talk to you about..." you said biting your lower lip.

She nodded and told you that once you were in the exam room, you could both talk calmly. She quickly got you to the room and sat in front of you. She noticed you were slightly shaking.

- "What is it, Elizabeth?" She questioned.

- "I'm scared" you answered.

- "What are you scared of?" The doctor said holding one of your hands.

- "I know I'm not getting the nocturnal feed removed because I haven't eaten 80% of my meal plan for at least 3 days in a row... but I've been eating more than before... but what if gain 3 lbs. or more?" you said as tears streamed down your face.

- "I'm guessing that if that happened, you'd think that eating what you're eating right now would be enough?" The doctor implied and you nodded ashamed. Dr. Khan continued:

- "Elizabeth, your meal plan was made based exactly on what you need. If you gain 3 lbs. or more, that's what should be happening. You need to gain more than 3 lbs. and you know that, but you won't gain weight forever, your weight will settle eventually. Now come on, let's do this. Thank you for being honest and sharing your thoughts with me"

You stood up on the scales and flinched at the number but then exhaled in relief. You gained exactly 2 lbs.

- "Woah. It was not that bad after all" you said.

- "You are working really hard, Elizabeth. I'm proud of you" Dr. Khan said.

She took you back to your room and said she was coming back when she had the blood test results. Even though eating was hard because of the weight gain, you fought your thoughts and ate almost all your breakfast. You were determined to get the nocturnal feed removed by next week's weight in.

Taylor and Andrea came to visit and found you watching Grey's Anatomy in your bed.

- "Hey darling" Andrea said walking inside your room.

- "Hey baby! Love that episode, old Grey's hits different" Taylor said as approached to your bed to hug you.

- "I know! They just don't make episodes like these anymore" you answered hugging Taylor.

- "You girls have watched Grey's Anatomy like a thousand times already. Don't you get tired of rewatching the same show over and over again?" Andrea said rolling her eyes at both of you.

- "Never" you and Taylor answered in unison laughing.

- "What have you been up to?" Your mom asked taking a sit.

- "I gained 2 lbs. at today's weight in" you said both excited and distraught.

- "That's so good! It's awesome! I'm so proud of you" Andrea said as she threw on you to hug you.

- "Yeah!" You said hugging back your mom

- "I'm gonna get some coffee so we can have our morning snack together, want anything Tay?" Andrea said heading out.