Snarl

Jakes Pov.

I gave Johnnie a hug before I left.

I'm so nervous.

I'm on high alert.

I'm making sure not to make a lot of sound.

I've got a gun with me.

I make sure the safety is off as I continue on walking.

So far I only hear the sound of tree leaves rubbing together in the wind.

I'm about a few more blocks away from the pharmacy.

They better have Lexapro.

If they don't I'll go to the hospital a mile out from the pharmacy.

I brought a backpack with me, it's empty, and when I get there I'm gonna fill it with all the medical supplies I feel necessary.

I reach the pharmacy and the lights are still on.

I wonder how long it will take for the power to go out globally.

I don't wanna think about it.

So far there arnt any walking corpses, so that's good.

I open the pharmacy door and a little bell goes off

Dammit.

It's fine it wasn't that loud.

A jog to the pharmacy counter and climb over it and start searching for Lexapro.

citalopram, I'll take it, cause it's an anxiety medication so if I can't find Lexapro then this is fine.

Eluxadoline?
No.

Lubiprostone?
Nope.

Linaclotide?
No, jesus fuck where is it.

clozapine?
Uhhhh no, don't think we will need that.

Escitalopram?
Uh- wait- YEA
Fuckin bingo!
IT'S LEXAPRO!

And there's a lot of it, fuck yeah.

I set the gun down on the floor then take off the backpack, unzipping the big pocket and grabbing all 20 bottles of Escitalopram and put it in the bag.

I put the backpack on but not on my back, on my stomach so it was easier to put more meds in here.

I pick back up the gun and put it on safety.

I climb back over the counter and grab some of the medicine that you don't have to get a proscription for.

I grabbed 10 boxes of head ache medicine and 10 boxes of allergy medicine.

I also got 5 bottles of cold and flu medicine and 5 bottles of sleeping medicine cause I haven't slept good for a while now.

I grabbed a medical kit that had all the common stuff you'd need to treat basic wounds and also trauma wounds.

"Ggrallgg"

...
What the fuck.

I looked up quickly to were I heard the snarling.

I zip the bag quickly and run out and book it home.

My heart was racing and I was making to much noise with my heavy footsteps from my boots and breathing loudly.

As soon as I reached the house I knocked on the door to let Johnnie know that he needed to unlock the door.

I heard shuffling inside.

"Jake?!" Johnnie yelled from inside the house.

"YES!" I shouted.

He unlocked the door and I ran in and closed the door locking it and putting the chair back under the door knob.

I set the gun down on the table by the door and backed up agaiothe wall and sliding down it till I hit the floor.

"JAKE ARE YOU OKAY?!" Johnnie shouted falling to his knees in front of me, feeling my forehead as he started to tear up worried for me.

I looked at his eyes and smiled catching my breath.

"I did it" I said taking a big breath as my breathing returned back to normal.

Johnnie sighed in relief removing his hand from my forehead.

I opened the back and dug through and pulled out the Lexapro.

"This?" I asked and I shook the bottle.

Johnnie smiled and took the bottle out of my hand.

"Yes! Finally, thank you" He said hugging me gently.

Maybe things are going to get better soon.

I hope so at least.

632 words

WOAH CALLUM ACTUALLY POSTED 😱

lmao I hope you liked this chapter 🖤

-Kall