Hunter Exam (8)

Karugari Fuyu was a student at UA, the most prestigious hero school in Japan, in the hero course, 2-A.

Did she want to be a hero? Hell no. She could care less about heroics. But due to her parents, two widely renowned heroes who only got married for a quirk marriage, to have a child with both of their quirks to be their successor. Unfortunately that didn't happen with Fuyu, whose quirk was ice, that just happened to be black. Her younger brother? Who knows, they'll find out when he turns four.

But, due to her being the current successor of her parents, she was forced to train, to become a hero. How ironic that she and her cousin, Todoroki Shoto, were in the same position, but treated so differently.

She could actually interact with others whenever she went over to the Todoroki household. Her auntie Rei and her older cousins, Touya, Natuso, Fuyumi.

Fuyu decided she liked Touya the most. He was nice to her, bandaging her bruises that she hid. He also had very pretty eyes. But then... that idiot had to go and die, leaving them all behind.

Natuso was loud and always smiling. Fuyumi was kind too, but more quiet, kind of like her. Ironically they had the same name besides a two letter difference.

Shoto... Well, Fuyu understood him as he understood her. To kids in the same position with a similar personality. But unlike him, she actually didn't care about what others thought of her.

A bad habit of Fuyu that her parents would call her out on was not caring enough. Aizawa even scolded her at one point for not caring. She doesn't care for others which causes her to have difficulty when doing rescue activities and working together with her classmates since she would just focus on the task and fighting the villains.

But why should she care? She didn't want to be a hero anyway...

"Karugari-chan!" a voice called out and Fuyu turned around to be met with one of her classmates, Teshima Nori.

Class 2-A, the year before, were all expelled on the first day after Aizawa claimed that they weren't fit for heroes, fooling around and not taking it seriously. Though they were let back in the next day after proving themselves to him that they were serious about being heroes (and a few parental complaints to the principal).

Due to that incident, everyone became focused to be the strongest they can and got closer together as classmates and friends, bar Fuyu of course. The only one she really got somewhat close to was Teshima who bothered her for the entire year to finally get a friendship with her.

The two were currently at a mall, meeting up after Teshima spammed Fuyu with messages for three days straight. "It's nice to see you! It's been so long!"

"Mhm. How are you, Teshima-san?" she asked out of politeness.

The dark haired girl grinned. "Amazing! I've been training all the time. How about you? Did you get stronger than you already are?"

Of course Fuyu was the strongest in her class, training earlier and more excessively than her classmates. "Yes."

"Nice! You were a beast during the Provisional License Exam... I barely scraped by..." Teshima let out a sigh before lighting back up. "But besides that! Aren't you excited for the new first years coming in?!"

Fuyu tilted her head. 'Oh... it's that time of year again...' "Not really. My cousin did get accepted into class 1-A. So I guess I'll be seeing him around."

"Really!? That's so exciting!"

"I guess..."

The two continued to chat (more so Tashima than Fuyu) as they walked around the mall. As the sun began to set, the two said their goodbyes and went their own way back home.