Chapter 2 - Hunter Exam (2)

Fuyu was broken out of her thoughts by a pain wrenching scream. Her eyes immediately darted towards where the sound was coming from, there she saw a man missing his arms which had turned into pink flower petals. The one who turned his arms into petals? Hisoka Morow, #44.

Hisoka stood in front of the kneeling hand with his arms crossed. "My, how unusual, it seems this poor man's arms have turned into flower petals. Now you see them, now you don't." Everyone was silent as they watched the scene. Hisoka smiled. "You should be more careful and do apologize when you bump into someone."

'He can do that without batting an eye... I guess the people of this world are really different morally. They're just built different.' Fuyu glanced away from the scene with her hands in her parka's pockets. 'I never killed someone before... But it looks like I might have to if I am unable to return home.'

Suddenly, the wall moved, lifting upward as it revealed a man. He was wearing a dark suit with a red tie, he had lavender hair that curled at the end and thin curly mustache. Fuyu raised an eyebrow. 'Does he not have a mouth or am I trippin'?'

"Here I am, the time for reception is over. Now the exam can begin." The moment he said those words, everyone's aura seemed to change. The man jumped once before gesturing to a tunnel. "This way please." He started to walk and everyone followed. "Well, we will begin with a short verification... It's an extremely difficult exam, sometimes you can miss a chance and end up getting hurt or even dying. There are 404 participants for the first round of the exam."

Then, he started to walk faster. Everyone started to slowly rush as the examiner got faster and faster in his pace. "I forgot one detail, my name is Satotz and I am in charge of the first round. So I must lead you to the place of the second round."

"The second round? You mean the first..." Hanzo spoke up and Satotz nodded.

"The first round has already begun. If you're able to follow me to the place where the second round stands, you'll have passed the first. I can't tell you where or when we will arrive, you must be content with following me," Satotz replied and continued to run ahead.

Fuyu ran at a steady place for the first few hours, practicing with her quirk as she ran, using it constantly to lower her body temperature so she wouldn't overheat. She found this endurance test useful as she gets to practice with her quirk and work on her leg muscles and endurance at the same time. At first Fuyu was running near the man with pins in his face, #301, but she had a bad feeling about him, so she slowed down and started to run near the weird group that arrived last to the exam site. 'They don't seem malicious compared to the others.'

The spiky haired kid seemed to notice Fuyu running with them and smiled at her. "Hi! I'm Gon! What's your name?" he asked her and his two companions looked over at her.

"How can you be wearing winter clothing?!" the older one shouted, Fuyu wincing at his loud voice. "Are you crazy?!"

Fuyu stared at the man, sweat started to roll down his forehead as she continued to quietly stare at him. 'W-What?' She then looked at Gon, opting to ignore the man. "...Fuyu Karugari," she answered, sending a small nod at Gon.

"Nice to meet you Karugari-san!" he smiled and Fuyu's stare seemed to soften, he reminded her of her cute younger cousin.

The blond running with Gon sent her a nod. "I am Kurapika, nice to meet you Karugari." She sent a nod back in return. "That is Leorio." Leorio grunted and Fuyu didn't even spare him a glance which seemed to make him fume.

"Hey! Wait up kid!" Leorio suddenly shouted, Fuyu glanced back towards him to see a white haired kid using a skateboard. '#99'. "You should show the hunter exam some respect!"