Chapter 6 - Hunter Exam (6)

Now falling into darkness not knowing where and when you were going to land was something Fuyu wouldn't like doing again since it felt like she was falling for at least an entire year.

Especially with Hanzo screaming her ears off. So much for being a ninja, huh?

But, thankfully, it seems like the falling began to come to an end as the two saw light appearing below them along with what seemed to be mattress cushions. Old mattress cushions.

'...This will probably hurt,' Fuyu thought to herself the moment they crashed into the soft cushions. Who was she kidding? They were springy, hard, and dusty. She probably now had bedbugs on her clothing. "Ew."

"We fell for that long because of you and all you have to say is, "Ew". Are you kidding me?! You idiot!" Hanzo exclaimed, sitting up and yelling at her with an accusing yet frustrated look. He sighed. "Thankfully that didn't take much time. Let's keep moving and get out of here before we run out of time."

"We have enough to spare," Fuyu muttered, looking at her watch. They could definitely make it to the bottom of Trick Tower with a lot of time left.

"Well I want to get there first, so move it."

"Sigh."

"Don't sigh!"

"...Has anyone ever told you you're loud for a ninja?"

"Haaah?!"

"Guess not."

Hanzo scoffed, walking ahead of the girl as she followed behind him. She looked down at his feet when she realized that only her footsteps were being heard.

"By the way, I've been meaning to ask you. Are you from Jappon like me? You knew about sushi when no one else did," Hanzo commented, taking a quick peek behind his shoulder at her.

"No... What's Jappon like?" she asked, curious. Maybe this Jappon could be a way for her to find a connection to her home.

"Well-" Hanzo paused and stopped talking when the hallway ended, revealing an open circular area with a giant door all the way on the other side of the room. "This looks like... a battle arena."

'...He didn't answer my question.'

"Welcome to the battle arena where you will fight prisoners to continue on," Lippo, the prison warden and the third phase examiner had explained to Hanzo and Fuyu that they were going to need to battle prisoners to be able to advance past the door.

There were four prisoners on the other side in front of the door.

"Two for each of us, huh?" Hanzo mused, cracking his knuckles. "I'll go first, you sit back and watch."

Fuyu nodded, hands in her pockets as Hanzo walked forward onto the circular arena.

"Hphm. This bald headed boy is going to fight me?"

Wrong move as an irk mark appeared on Hanzo's head. "WHAT DID YOU CALL ME?! That's it!"

Thus the fighting began and due to his rage, Hanzo fought all four instead of splitting it two and two. He showed his impressive strength and agility when he battled the prisoners, defeating them easily.

Fuyu sighed and patted his back as she walked past him. "Let's go."

They now needed to solve a series of puzzles to be able to move on.

'This is the worst,' Fuyu thought, taking a quick glance at Hanzo. She wasn't sure if his intelligence was as good as his battle capabilities. 'He better not hold me back.'

"What the heck is this supposed to be?" Hanzo questioned aloud as he looked at a diagram. "It's just a bunch of symbols and shapes."

Fuyu looked at the diagram before looking around the room, glancing at the walls, ceiling and floor. "Look," she said, gaining his attention. "There's incomplete lines and shapes on the ground. We might have to move the tiles all around in order to make the picture in the diagram."

'That's the most I heard him talk...' Hanzo thought to himself. "Alright let's get a move on then. Let's remove the tiles and put them down here and then we can put them together. You take left, I got right."

Nodding, Fuyu made her way to the left wall and looked around for the tiles. Slowly, she removed them from the wall, thankfully they were loose so she didn't need to break anything.

The ninja and hero in training worked fast together, grabbing what they needed and bringing them to the designated spot quickly.

"There's four tiles on the ceiling," Fuyu pointed out. "...How will we get up there?"

Hanzo smirked. "Time to show off my skills, huh?"

She deadpanned. "Just hurry up and get them."

"Fine!" Hanzo scoffed before taking a few steps back and running up to the wall. He jumped high and used the empty tile spaces to help him climb up before he once again jumped, stabbing a kunai onto the ceiling to hold him up as he grabbed one of the tiles. "Catch!"

Throwing down the tile, Fuyu caught it with a grunt, annoyed that he just did that. Hanzo repeated his actions and got the rest of the tiles down before jumping to the ground.

He clapped his hands, removing the dust and dirt from them. "Alright, now we have to put these together."

"Yeah," Fuyu replied, looking at the paper before looking back at the tiles. "The different symbols and shapes seem to be color coded."

"That makes our job easier!" Hanzo grinned and began separating the tiles from the pile. "Don't just stand there, help me out."

"Sigh..."

"Don't sigh at me!"

After a few more ups and downs, the duo had to avoid traps, answer questions, fight, and continue doing puzzles until they finally made it to the bottom. They didn't end up injured which was good and Fuyu hadn't used her quirk at all, so she still had plenty of fight in her.

They slid down a slide which revealed the end and Hanzo ran ahead through it first, happily exclaiming. "I'm first!"

He blinked however when he saw two people already inside the room. Hisoka and Gittarackur looked back at him with blank faces with raised brows.

"Eh...?"

Fuyu came up behind him, walking in. 'Looks like I'm fourth.' "Don't mind, Hanzo."

"Dammit!"

Great. Now she had to wait for the rest of the 72 hours to be done to move onto the next stage. And she was stuck with these guys.

Ugh.

A/N: Man it's been an entire year since I wrote for this story. Uh sorry if y'all been waiting for a new chapter. I've been busy with life and college, also I've been focusing on my main fics (KQxKNB and KHR). Sorry for the short chapter but I wanted to get something out at least. Expect random updates or no updates at all for a while cuz like I said im focusing on my main fics.