Chapter 160

Rachel didn't even acknowledge Eddie when he walked into her office. She had emptied out the entire contents of her bag at this point, hoping that she had been mistaken and had actually put her medication into her bag. It was clear now that she definitely hadn't.

Eddie was completely oblivious to the contents of Rachel's bag being strewn across her desk, or the fact that she was panicking about something. He was too busy worrying about the mess he had just made with Steph. Rachel was going to kill him when he told her what he'd done. But he had to tell her, he had to be honest.

"Rach, we've got a problem"

Rachel's head shot up at that. She was wondering how much worse his predicament was compared to hers. By the worried look on his face, she knew it was bad.

"What is it?" she asked

"Steph knows you're pregnant, she didn't react well. I'm sorry... I confronted her about she said to you last week, and I told her that what she'd said had really upset you. She kind of put two and two together and figured it out. I'm so sorry, Rach"

If he had told her this any other time, she probably would have freaked out. But his words had gone straight over her head. It didn't matter. Steph finding out that the person she currently hated most in the world was pregnant wasn't a big deal. It was going to happen eventually anyway.

"It's fine, Eddie" she mumbled, putting some items back into her bag

Eddie raised an eyebrow at her, taken aback by her calmness toward the situation. He began to wonder if she had actually heard what he'd said. He'd expected her to have a go at him, or to do something other than what she was doing right now when he'd told her. Her relaxed attitude frightened him a little.

"It is?" he questioned

"Yes, Eddie. It's the least of my problems right now anyway" she sighed, slamming her bag down on the desk in frustration

"Hey, hey, what's happened?" he asked gently, moving to stand beside her

"I've left my anti-sickness tablets at home. I completely forgot to put them in my bag when we left this morning" she blurted

Whilst he knew she was panicking, Eddie couldn't help but be relieved that it wasn't anything more serious. Of course this was serious, but it was fixable.

"Rach, it's ok. Why don't we stop off at home on the way to the Boxing Match and get them?" he suggested

"We can't, Eddie. It'll take too long. Even if we go now, we'll still be late for the match" she sighed

"It'll be fine, Rach. We won't be ridiculously late if we go now. It'll only be by five minutes at the most" he reasoned

"No, Eddie. I'll be ok" she insisted

"You won't" he argued

"I will. I took one before we left this morning. I felt a bit sick earlier, but it's gone now. I'll be ok till we get home tonight. I've got water in my bag, I can manage"

Eddie sighed. She wasn't going to back down on this.

"If you're sure"

"I am. I just need to eat something" she nodded

"It's a good job I went to the canteen before coming up here then, isn't it?" he chuckled, placing the sandwich and orange juice on her desk

"Have I ever told you I love you?" Rachel smiled, leaning up to kiss him

"Once or twice" he laughed

"Eat that and see how you feel afterwards" he instructed, opening his own sandwich