Chapter 105

Rachel stormed down the corridor and over to the Study Room where Marley and Flick were. She had to sort this.

She couldn't deny it; she was disappointed in Marley Kelly. He was a model student, with so much potential, and now, because of this drugs test, he was in trouble. His education could slip through his fingers easily because of this. Rachel was more than happy to let it lie and give him a slapped wrist. But Ralph wasn't, and neither was Eddie.

If Marley hadn't been smoking Cannabis, they wouldn't be in this situation. She was frustrated, because she had her suspicions as to why he was using it. His home life was a mess, as was his Mum. He was always trying to keep everyone happy. No wonder he needed some kind of release! But there were other ways to let go of the stress, such as talking. Rachel's office was always open to students who were struggling. Why hadn't Marley come to her? She could have helped him. Now they were in an even bigger mess.

She walked into the Study Room, asking the students on the table opposite Marley and Flick to leave. They hastily grabbed their things and left the room. Rachel took a deep breath, her eyes darting over to Marley.

"I don't need to tell you how disappointed I am in you, Marley" she hissed, leaning on the table

The confused look on Marley's face only aggravated her more.

"Take that look off your face! You know what you've done!" she scolded

Marley and Flick glanced at one another. They'd never seen Miss Mason so angry.

"Are you gonna tell me?" Marley questioned, staring at his Head Teacher

"You tested positive, Marley... for drugs. You've been found out" Rachel told him

Marley's jaw dropped. His eyes darted from Flick, to Rachel, and back again. This was a joke, right?

"That's rubbish! What?!" he scoffed

"And I don't want you lying to me!" Rachel huffed, sitting down in the chair opposite him

Marley stared at Miss Mason. Judging by the furious look on her face, this evidently wasn't a joke. The results had come back, and somehow, his was positive. And Miss Mason believed it, without asking him first.

"Ok. So you've made up your mind then?" he replied calmly

"The tests don't lie, Marley. YOU do!" Rachel snapped

"Hang on a minute, what about my test?" Flick interrupted

"You don't need to worry" Rachel replied simply, turning her attention back to Marley

Flick glanced at Miss Mason. There had obviously been some kind of mix up. She needed to get Marley out of trouble.

"Miss Mason, it's not..." Flick started

"Flick, shut it!" Marley snapped

"Don't tell me what to do!" she retorted

Marley had, had enough. He should have seen this coming. Of course Miss Mason would believe a stupid test over him. After all, he was a Kelly.

He turned to Flick.

"I'm sorry, Miss Mason's right. I'm a Kelly. Guilty as charged."

He turned back to Rachel

"So, what are you going to do about it?" he questioned

"Well, I'll tell you what other people want me to do. They want me to remove you from the school!" Rachel sighed

Marley scoffed. Of course they did. The entire school had it in for his family. First Earl, now him. They weren't going to stop. So why not give them what they wanted?