they fell into the river and now they're shivering (ep.17)

For both our sakes

For both their sakes Lloyd decided to threw them out of the temple which was floating a few good miles over the earth. If they're going to die, she's going to kill him.

Harumi started to regret her pleas for him not to jump the second his hand met hers. He was much stronger physically, so there was no way she would be able to stop him.

It felt so unreal to be this close to him after all this time. But also terrifying to see the distance they had to cross before the hazardous landing.

After the experience with falling down with the building, Harumi was most definitely not ready to face the open space without being able to impact wherever she's going to end up. In the river or dead. Eventually both.

It would be funny if he dug through that rubble to find her, just for him to kill her again. But they were about to die together now. How romantic.

Nevertheless to feel at least a little reassured at the moment Harumi clung onto him, as if he was the one to save her. She even hid her face in his neck, leaving her slightly embarrassed. The hatred for him wasn't at all as strong as before but she wouldn't admit that.

She closed her eyes. Maybe eventually his insane plan would work. The closer they were to reach the ground the more she was sure they're going to make it into the river. And what then? She killed his friends. He promised that he would make her pay.

It was getting to her now how dangerous this situation was. She gulped.

Then her consciousness faded as their bodies reached the river, and she found herself cut from the access to the oxygen. Unable to hold her breath or fight it from the shok she was left with.

The next thing she knew was her blurred vision and coughing while trying to get the air back into her lungs. She was right next to the green ninja on some kind of huge wire. And he took her sword. Oh, great.

She blinked a few times, then looked around. Her heart felt like it was about to leave her chest any second. Beating like a drum. Her frantic gaze rested on Lloyd's figure and his eyes unexpectedly held concern for her being.

She truly expected him to be furious and just let her choke. Although now that she thought about it, it didn't seem like Lloyd at all.

- Are you insane!? - she yelled at him, panting.

- Louder, I don't think they heard you - he snarled, looking back at the temple. Harumi frowned at him. - Let's get out of here.

- I don't...

- Unless you want to drawn... or be eaten by whatever is living in these waters if you prefer - he told her as he moved further, trying to reach the riverside. She had no other choice but to go after him.

They fell onto the sand, their chests moving up and down heavily. It was starting to get cold since the water covered their suits and bodies.

- Why did you... stop me...? - he questioned her, but Harumi remained silent. Not wanting to confess her attachment to him, that she was denying herself, but also too focused on the overwhelming feeling of the chills all over her silhouette. Her wet hair weren't helping either.

If it was going to get more windy, they were for sure going to end up sick.

Maybe that would stop them from fighting for a while.

Yet now they had to get into the jungle before the Council got to them. Lloyd lifted himself up, shivering, and offered the girl his hand.

Harumi would rather not take it, but she found herslef unable to move properly from the cool sensations.