shattered bottle of whiskey

In midst of the rice fields
Intertwined their hands
Underneath the moonlight
The two lovers danced

Knew other by heart
Which they gave away
Craved to get it back
Yet they're bound to sway

Oh, how we gave our hearts on the platters
Just for them to be stung by knives
Nor once nor twice
Oh, how you rolled the dice
And your face expression
Was just a disguise
I've seen it. I've seen it!
Nor once nor twice...

A gentle feminine voice cooed in a drunk manner as Harumi tried to get the ending of the lullaby her mother tought her from the depths of memory.

Lloyd eyed her figure carefully. There she was, curled in the corner of studio room in Borg Tower. The lights have been off for a long time. Her eyes and the half full bottles gleaming and glistening in the darkness. Strong alcohol's odor gathering in the air.

She was a mess. Her red face paint all over her hands and face, he even noticed some on her collarbone. Eyes just as red, shaking slightly, trying to make something out of his silhouette.

- Are you here to kill me? - she mumbled to him. A tear dropping on her lap. Not the first one nor the last.

- Do you know who I am? - he asked half geniuely since he was unable to tell if she even remember who she was in this state.

She threw a bottle at him.

It crushed on the floor right beside him. Turning into milion pieces of glass immersed in the liquor.

She. Threw. A. Bottle. At. Him.

Lloyd flinched, his mouth went agape. Truly stunned. His gaze wanderend from the shattered glass to Harumi again. Questioning.

- I wish you doe... died - she slurred, frowing. In other situation maybe he would even find it funny, but not when the words she said held a threat behind them.

He sighed. Was he even able to make her see the reason when she most definitely wasn't in her right mind.

She griped the second bottle.

- No, don't! - Lloyd tried to run up to her and get it out of her hands, but the girl was faster. Quickly pouring the rest of the liquid down her throat and almost casually just dropping it on the floor. Nonchalantly.

Lloyd took a step back, avoiding being hit and cut by what was left of it.

She was breathing heavily.

- Why would you do that!? - he looked at her in concern.

- Why would-d I do any of this. It gave me nthging - she answered sharply, failing to see her slip from keeping the facade. She drew her hand across her cheek.

- Are you hurt? - he kneeled in front of her, looking for any sharp piece that would cut through her skin, but it turned out her suit was able to block them.

- H-hurt? - she asked, feeling a little dizzy. Keeping her head up was becoming an uphill struggle and she couldn't place why.

Lloyd observed her change of attitude with interest. He bearly saw her like this. Fragile right in front of somebody. Like she didn't try to hit him with bottle of whiskey a few seconds earlier. Much calmer than he was before, he approached her sleepy figure.

- Would you like to rest your head on me? - a quiet question hung in the air. Her eyelids closed fully as she tried to think, but her mind seemed empty. Damn alcochol.

- Yeah... - her upper body fell into his lap almost unconsciously as Lloyd tried to move the glass out of the way.

The warmth diffused from her, just like the intoxicating scent. It was nice, flowery, eminating with light in a way. Full of contrast to what her usual behavior was like. Cold, insensitive.

His arms found its way around her waist subconsciously. Harumi sighed.

- I like that - she whispered. - It feels nice.

- You should drink more often, maybe you would be more acceptable - he joked, smoothing her tangled hair.

- I hate you - Harumi said, her face leaning into his neck. Their bodies fitting perfectly, as if they were designed for one another.

- Yeah, I know.