the elevator

It was a chilly spring morning in Ninjago. Not a single cloud on the sky that was in cold blue color. The Overlord has taken over, getting ready to use the full potential of his power, using the energy of the crystals he created. But it needed time, so the city had to fall, for him to gain it.

Harumi was staring at the horizon, standing once again on top of Borg's Tower, just the way she did during Garmadon's reign.

Everything seemed frozened by the crystals, leaving Ninjago shining with pink-ish colors from every corner.

Today was the day Lloyd Garmadon was supposed to show up, to fight the Overlord all by himself. It was easy to get to the plans of the ninja, when they constantly used radio to communicate with each other and it wasn't too hard to get their signal.

Harumi was well-prepared for their little visit. The Council already had plans of how to stop the ninjas mission and get Lloyd to fight the Overlord alone.

It was probably to give him the sadistic satisfaction over how he was able to crush his enemy and dwell in the power he held.

Harumi saw the schemes behind his eyes and was terrified to acknowledge that the green ninja was right. Everything will be destroyed.

Still she couldn't bring herself to overcome the fear she had. They would kill her if she left and she felt unable to go through it once again. Feeling her live leaving her was one of the most traumatising things to ever experience for her.

Who would help her? Both sides didn't seem very fond of her. They all saw right through her.

She didn't like it. At all.

And she was frustrated with how easy it was for her to forget herself and show so many emotions that she was once able to hide so well.

And it was because of her getting attached to other human. She felt something. It was new and fresh and made her feel so alive. But it was also forbidden.

There was a line between the two of them that both crossed so many times but refused to take responsibility as the fear and uncertainity were creeping in.

So it wasn't bold to assume that it was wrong. It was wrong for them to have their mind on the other, while they were working for the enemy's side. After they had so much hurt associated with each other and yet, they couldn't get away from the connection they felt.

But at least they knew. That no matter what happened, they will stay. Maybe it won't be stable, but they will still hung on to the slightest bit of hope, that the other will reject themselfes and surrender to the other.

They just had to wait to see who will be the first to give in.

And he was surmising already.

...

At 4 pm punctually, their plan was coming into life. The ninja and their allies as suspected, started to distract the guards surrounding the building.

Harumi got to the main hall and waited for the sign of the blond boy presence.

To her surprise, he happened to be behind the glass of the window, climbing to the seventh floor, where the conrol station was.

Harumi's eyes widened as she quickly decided to get there first by the elevator. She had to rush.

After she entered it, she couldn't notice Lloyd anymore and she was getting quite nervous about the situation getting out of hand.

Once she arrived on the seventh floor, the door shot open, revealing the green ninja, charging at her. He attacked her, blocking her only way out of the elevator. She avoided all of his punches and tried to fight back, by kicking him but she lost her balance. Lloyd made a use of that and caught her by waist, pinning her to a wall.