in the moonlight

Peeking through the building wall, preventing her from being seen, Harumi stared at the newspaper kids returning to the ninjas secret location.

She knew she should tell the Overlord right away about their hide spot, but she couldn't help herself, seeing those innocent people so desperate to find just one safe place in the attacked city made her geniuely sad.

She wouldn't admit that her guilt was slowy overcoming her.

She wanted peace.

But the longer she worked for the Overlord the more obvious it became that she was selfish in her needs.

She wanted peace. For herself.

After her heroes failed her - both ninjas and Garmadon, and her desire for closure was neglected by emperor and empress, she became desperate to feel the safety and comfort her birth parents once gave her.

She didn't care for affection anymore. Or so she thought.

She simply didn't want to feel the need to stress herself out, questioning if she's going to live another day. Where she would trust somebody enough to have her in her most voulnerable state and not hurt her.

She finally wanted to sleep peacefully.

So she clung to the nearest opportunity that could provide her that.

Somebody who promised her that she will be on the winning side, and she won't have to care anymore.

Except she did. A lot actually.

Nothing was simple anymore, not since she met the green ninja face to face again.

He was ruining everything she created in her mind by the easiest of the words.

Yeah, he had his way with words. No wonder he was the leader.

And he decided to stay.

To try to talk some sense into her.

So she couldn't say that there was nobody here for her anymore. Because no matter how much she wanted to believe that, he willingly waited for her every time. No matter how angry he was with her.

And he was ruining all the things she told herself. And her awarness of it was slowly destroing her.

She wished she hated him.

She wished he was worse to her.

No matter how terrible that sounded.

She couldn't admit to herself that she was wrong and he was right and that's all she gained from all that.

Even though she already knew it.

She blinked.

Then in the blink of an eye, masked figure knocked her out from behind.

The next thing she knew was that she was sitting tied to a chair infront of Lloyd Montgomery Garmadon himself, looking at her with no single emotion in his eyes.

- Good evening, sleeping beauty, it's almost midnight.

She frowned. Since when he was so sarcastic.

- Why am I here?

- You're taken hostage, we couldn't let you pass the information on our hideout. It is as simple, Harumi. Unless you've given yourself to us on purpose, and your another plan is in progress right now. So let me ask you first, why are you here?

For no reason at all the question felt personal for her.

Why am I here?

She didn't know anymore. And he caused her that.