CHAPTER: 24

"AND WE........."

Moon's diary,

We spent an hour waiting for the boys, but neither Erish, Jack, nor Orin showed up; Lucy and I dozed off, sipping soft drinks until Lucy's phone rang, capturing our attention. It was Orin; he told us to leave because he and Jack were assisting Erish with his launch. It was already one o'clock when Lucy insisted that I stay at her place. She drove me to her large and exquisite bungalow, led me out, and showed me to her charming room, decorated like a fairy tale, with a corner filled with photos of Erish, Orin, Lucy, and Jack. Without much discussion, we lay down on the bed.

 'Moon' lucy said. 'You can take clothes from my wardrobe in the morning; of Couse you can't walk in that yellow dreamy dress.' I nodded and slipped into lucy's comfortable clothes removing yellow dress which I had worn dreaming of he will compliment me.

Everything felt weird I was restless entire night how he could he break his promise? Why he suddenly changed his mind? what went wrong? and I glanced my phone it was six in the morning, finally I jumped off bed, I opened lucy's vast wardrobe; one partition filled with expensive party wear dresses, other filled with revealing shimmery dresses and last I found my type tees and pants. I grabbed black polo t-shirt and blue denim. I wore it after having warm shower her t-shirt became my crop tea; I am taller than lucy.

And Lucy's phone chimed disturbing morning peace. It was Jack on other side lucy rubbed her eyes and answered the call.

Her jaw dropped and her face turned pale and My world collapsed and heart shattered into pieces upon hearing Erish meet an accident I felt like my heart had been wrenched out. I and lucy rushed to the car. Our silence screaming in the car. lucy was still in her night suit while tears streaming down to my face.

It was the new dawn of new year This was not how I imagined our new year, I wanted to have beautiful start with him, but this is what happened he meet with a brutal accident. I was sobbing thinking about him my breathing turned difficult. Entire path I was praying for him wiping off my tears.

Hospital corridor buzzled with tension as we two thundered in.

Jack and Orin stood there in corridor; Jake, approached us.

Lucy's frustration erupted. 'She slammed her palm against jack's chest. 'Get the hell away from me! you, fraud. Erish is not only your friend.' Jack shut his eyes and she grabbed Orin's collar 'you liar! What you both think of yourself? You are saviour, mortal or heroes? Tear escaped her face.

'lucy, Erish is alright' jack held lucy's arm.

'Do not touch me.' lucy protested.

Orin held lucy's face. 'Hey! Hey! Don't yell at Jack. what are we supposed to do? We were in the car and hear the huge collision it was truck collided I urged to ignore the sight but jack drove other side and we find Erish and Sally lying wounded, we called ambulance. We were breathless seeing that horrific views, we don't know how to deal. For four hours they were under treatment now they are fine. We didn't even informed Granny or Mr. Johnson.'

Nurse walked to us. 'Erish Stewart is alright he has three stitches on his forehead but the cut is deep; thankfully it didn't cut his veins but his ankle bone is dislocated, it will heal with a week of therapy and he has a sprained leg. you can meet the patient one at a time.'

'Moon, you first.' Jack's voice filled relief in me.

I nodded. 'Jack and Orin you should be have called us; I am disappointed' I muttered in slow voice and rushed inside.

I pushed the door and there he was in loose white shirt and trouser his face turned red with pain. Bandages wrapped around his forehead. He struggled to sip water; with slow pace he walked towards window to peek out.