Chapter 4- The Legend of Vorine

This author warns everyone!

Long chapter ahead. Unedited. 

Mention of suicide, child marriage, implication of dubcon sex. 

Take care!!!

Thirteen years ago, Kaizer Schulz sauntered down the snow-covered staircase one winter evening, watchful of his steps.

Bright orange columns of sun rays filtered through the canopy of Garden Iris overhead, casting golden patterns on the blinding- white snow. Now bare of their glorious halo of yellow blossoms, the dark branches shouldered the cruel weight of winter on them, praying for the summer to come. Kaizer felt the absence of their fragrance dearly as he gazed down the heaven reaching stairwell, warming his palms with his breath.

Under the hues of cold azures and glittering gold, the youth resembled a descended god. Draped in a dark blue fur coat, one of his gloved hands gripped the icy railing while the other held a bouquet of freshly cut River Blues. His gray eyes glistened with a naïve sparkle only a seventeen-year-old could have, before life stomped it out. Cold winds kissed his cheeks and pouty lips, tinting his pale visage with an adorable redness.

His guardians: two majestic raven hounds trotted by his side, playfully wagging their tails. They both were covered in a layer of fresh snow but didn't seem too bothered by it. Although they were huffing cold smoke, there was a happy spring to their gait. From how their golden eyes were twinkling, Kaizer knew they were exhilarated about this rather distasteful outdoor adventure. Kaizer occasionally patted their backs, relishing the warmth exuding from their soft fur.

"50..51.."

He mumbled as he went, determined to count all nine hundred ninety-nine stairs. Monotony of the journey down the winding stone path grated on his nerves, and he swore to never make another trip to the foot of the mountain if he becomes the King one day.

He would send his bratty little brother. Make him pay for all his mischief.

"My Lord!"

Kaizer halted, swirling on his heel to see who in world was stupid enough to run down this death slide. It was a girl, darting down the stairs with the bravery only an immortal could possess. Her boots stomped on the snow with an ominous crunch, dark black curls bouncing joyously with each step.

"Narin!" Kaizer called out, hands already outstretched to catch the girl who was bound to fall sooner than later. "Slow down!"

The girl somehow made it to him in one piece, giggling. Narin's eyes reminded Kai of those black marbles Einar once got him, clear and round. She latched on to his hand, breaking into a new fit of breathless giggles when his hounds came sniffing at her.

"Where is my lord off to?" she chirped, beaming up at him. "I'm coming with you."

Kaizer sighed. Now that this little pest caught him, she will stick to him like hardened tree sap. Kaizer naturally had low tolerance towards kids and their hyperactivity, but Narin sure won the "most annoying" trophy by a landslide against Wolfram.

"Go back." He commanded firmly, trying not to sound rude.

Narin grinned, her cheeks ballooning. "No! Wolfy pulls my hair."

Kaizer scowled down at her. By experience he knew trying to shoo her away was futile. But she would whine nonstop around the sixtieth step, wailing that her feet were hurting and crying to be taken back. Kaizer chewed his cheek, trying to think of a way out of this predicament.