Breakfast

"I heard that Solina Wendigo has announced protesting against her as treason " Wolfram elegantly cradled a cup of tea , his pinky gracefully elevated ; an unconscious habbit from a childhood of playing princess according to Einar.

"What happened to freedom of speech ? " he shook his head and tsk tsked.  "She had ordered to excute anyone who speaks ill of her ,with no trial "

"My bar for her reign was on the gound but she had somehow managed to dig her way under it"

River nibbled on his bread , half of Wolfram's rant about the crisis in East   flying over his head. Emby sat on Wolfram's lap playing with his fan tussel  ,completely ignoring the breakfast infront of him.

Kaizer plodded in to the dinning hall ,fully dressed for another day of unrelenting duties .

Sir,who fed you a wet sock this early?

"Well ,good morning, sunshine boy!"  Wolfram greeted ,albeit sarcastically .

It was a rare occurence to have the king of West join them for breakfast. His eyes were blood shot and he somehow seemed grumpier than usual. He ordered a maid to bring over a pot of herbal tea ,sounding as hoarse as a 75 year old hobo who started smoking at 4 and never let up.

"Do us poor folks a favour and find a better way to drown your sorrows,"  Wolfram pulled apart a biscuit and glared at his brother "preferably something that doesnt involve me having to drag your disgraceful , weeping arse across Calamis "

"Be quiet " Kaizer snapped rubbing his temples "I dont see Einar "

" He is too sick this morning to even keep his guts down," Wolfram said "And he still looked less nauseated than you do"

Kaizer sighed heavily and poured himself a cup of tea,looking deeply remorseful about drinking and having a brother. "How is his condition ?"

"Bad " Wolfram set his cup down, looking solemn . River felt his heart drop .

"Sometimes I wish he would just die so he can finally stop suffering "

Kaizer glared daggers at his brother "Watch your mouth "

Wolfram tapped a sharp finger nail on the table top "I dont understand, I cant heal him , he is wasting away to the point of bones and ashes but is somehow still up and moving. Im sure he is in immense pain at all times of the day, probably unable to sleep properly  because of it as well "

Kaizer dropped his face to his hands but remained silent.

"It's like he is cursed " Wolfram muttered mostly to himself but Kaizer's hands twitched slightly hearing that.

"It's unnerving how accepting he is of everything " Wolfram sighed,petting Emby 's touseled hair. "I feel like he is doing it to make us worry less but kinda has the opposite effect "

"He wont die " Kaizer croaked "I wont let him "

Wolfram scoffed "You are no god, brother. "

River kind of felt his heart aching at this man who was utterly defeated in front of the cruel fate that awaited his companion . But his cold gray eyes glinted with an intensity akin to a resolute wolf guarding its kin , hinting at his unwavering determination to shield those who he holds dear.

"You need to get yourself together ,brother "  Wolfram adviced "He still worries about you like in your childhood . He cant give his mind a proper rest because he frets over you. He thinks you are one who needs his help and protection ,not the other way around "

"Thats why I dont tell him anything anymore " Kaizer aggressively massaged his forehead .

"Wisdom is fast , my darling brother " Wolfram grinned ,the mirth not reaching his eyes "but you have always been faster"