Chapter 14

Adarsh : you know something mithra ? You came out of your mother's womb at 8th month. The midwife wasn't sure about your survival. But i had a strong belief that my daughter will survive. She survived. She became an inspiration to millions of people. She created her own name. She is the strongest person i have ever seen in my life after my mother. Aren't you ?

Mithra : yes ! I am strong.

Adarsh wiped mithra's tears. He kissed her forehead.

Adarsh : let's go downstairs. Arnav cooked your favourites.

Mahitha : you are lucky enough to get Arnav as your life partner. The food he cooks is delicious.

Mithra : nanna ! Amma is indirectly mocking you !

Adarsh pinched mahitha's waist.

Mithra : I am closing my eyes.

Mahitha rolled her eyes.

Mahitha : kids these days are too melodramatic.

Arnav : guys ! Dinner is ready .

Arnav came inside gave a pleading look to Adarsh. Adarsh understood and pulled mahitha along with him and gave some space for Arnav and Mithra.

Mithra tried to hide her tears from arnav but she failed.

Arnav : you know something ? You'll look cute when you're crying ! 

Mithra punched him in his stomach.

Arnav pecked mithra's lips and lifted her in his arms carried her to the dining table. By the time they came downstairs adarsh and mahitha arranged everything on the table.

Adarsh : you are the best when it comes to cooking in our family arnav !

Arnav : thanks ! If i want to survive after my wedding I should definitely cook well uncle.

Mithra glared at Arnav and he gave a flying kiss.

Arnav : shall we go on a long drive after dinner ?

Mahitha : ok !

Mithra : ok !

Adarsh : what shall I do at home by staying alone ? Even i am  coming.

The family had their dinner with lot of laughter and heart warming conversations. After that they went for a long drive .

..............

Ishitha stood silently as her father's funeral is going on. She is frequently glancing at Vaishnav who is talking to the people who visited the funeral. She observed how weirdly her brother is behaving. She wondered what made her brother to kill their father. She didn't care her mother who is crying terribly as she is struck in her own turmoil. Her sister-in-law who barely talks to her mother is consoling her. She didn't understand why her mother persuaded her brother to conduct the funeral in their ancestral village in india where people barely know her father. Her father's ancestral house is a 3 roomed kutcha house. Suddenly she caught the attention of a lady who is of her mother's age. She is standing a little away and crying badly. She didn't understand why she is crying like that and what's the relation they share with her.

Vaishnav : isha !

Ishitha : hmm ?

Vaishnav : she is mr. kushal singhania's wife !

Ishitha : namasthey !

Vaishnav : mrs.singhania ! She is my wife Ishitha Rao !

Ishitha is taken aback as she heard vaishnav addressing her with his surname for the first time. She will always mention herself as Ishitha varma. She continued the same even after her wedding with vaishnav.

Mrs.Singhania : I am sorry for your loss my child ! Stay strong ! 

Ishitha nodded. Mrs.singhania hugged ishitha suddenly. Ishitha felt uncomfortable in her hug but she managed to wrap her hands around her.

Mrs.singhania : I know it's inappropriate to talk about this here . But i have something important to ask you !

Ishitha : what's that mrs.singhania ?

Mrs.singhania : your brother is responsible for your father's death. I'm the one who told the truth to your husband. He killed your father at our dungeon.

Ishitha didn't understand what she is supposed to say or how she is supposed to react. She kept silent. But she didn't stop observing that lady who is weeping badly by standing a little away. Vaishnav politely excused themselves from mrs.singhania and took ishitha aside. 

Ishitha : vaishnav ! I want to talk with that lady ?

Vaishnav : whuch lady ? Mrs.singhania ?

Ishitha : no !

Ishitha showed that lady to vaishnav. He saw her and she caught them staring at her. She turned around and started walking quickly.

Vaishnav went behind her and asked her to stop. But she kept on walking as if she didn't hear him calling her. He caught that lady's hand stopped her. 

That lady : leave me ! 

Vaishnav : maa ! Who are you ? I am his son-in-law. My wife wants to talk with you.

By that time ishitha came there. That lady saw ishitha. Vaishnav realised that ishitha and this lady share a noticable similarity in their faces.

Ishitha : who are you maa ?

That lady : nothing ! I have to go ! Please let me go.

Ishitha : no ! Tell me whom you are ?

That lady : are you insane ? Let me go ! 

Ishitha didn't say anything and the lady went away.

Vaishnav : isha ! You are resembling her a lot !

Ishitha didn't respond but held his hand tightly. He didn't understand what's running in her mind but tightened his hold on her hand. 

............

After the long drive mithra felt a little relaxed. As soon as she entered into the house again she started thinking about her long lost brother . Arnav made her sit on the bed and went for bringing her medicines. He gave the pills to her and waited for her to swallow them. After she took the pills he gave a small gift box to her.

Mithra : what's in this ?

Arnav : surprise ! Open it.

Mithra opened the box and saw a platinum chain with a diamond locket. Beautiful is an understatement for that pendant. He placed it around her neck. He kissed her tenderly and moved to the other side of the bed and sat beside her. She leaned her head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arms around her.

Mithra : i hate you for spoiling me with expensive gifts.

Arnav : i hate you for making me go crazy by being this beautiful.

Mithra rolled her eyes. Mithra closed her eyes and drifted into sleep because of the medicines.

..........

How's the chapter ?