Percy

There was something bright in front of my eyes.

I scrunched my eyes, trying to make it darker, but the light glowing through my eyelids didn't go away.

I grunted and shifted to the side, into a mop of something sweet-smelling. It covered my face and stopped the light, so I stayed there.

Hold on.

If it's night time, then where is the light coming from?

Also, what's the bunch of somethings I just shoved my face into?

I opened my eyes slowly, seeing something golden in my face. I also realized my arm was wrapped around something, gripping the cloth on it.

I looked around. Huh, this isn't home. Why am I here? Whose house was this?

I raised my hand to rub my eyes. Okay, so blonde hair, not my house.

I just spent the night at Annabeth's house.

Shit.

My mom.

Seemingly on cue, my phone buzzed from the coffee table. I think I could guess who it was.

I turned back to Annabeth, chuckling a bit at my arm wrapped around her waist. She was holding my hand as well, smiling in her sleep. I kissed her blonde curls, before slowly detangling myself from her without waking her up.

It was difficult.

I tugged my arm back, and shifted a little further away, nearly falling off the couch in my attempts. I bit back a yelp, and sat up properly, silently checking whether she was still asleep.

Annabeth breathed evenly, turning around, but she definitely wasn't awake. Thank the gods.

I exhaled in relief, grabbing my phone, and checking the notifications from various people that had me placing a hand on my head in regret. I clicked on my mom's contact, wincing a bit at the texts.

Mom💖: Percy I'm home where are you?

Mom💖: Honey call me back

Mom💖: missed call

Mom💖: Percy where are you???

Mom💖: Call me back honey

Mom💖: I'm starting to get worried

Mom💖: I hope you're safe

Mom💖: missed call

Mom💖: missed call

Mom💖: missed call

Mom💖: wherever you are, you better be home by morning

Shit. I should've checked the phone. Damn it.

I dialed her number, getting off the couch and moving to another room so I wouldn't disturb Annabeth. I'd barely begun the call with a "Hi", before-

"PERCY! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW WORRIED I'VE BEEN?" I heard Mom say gently through the phone, and winced again.

"Hey, Mom, good morning", I greeted, trying not to leak my slight fear through my voice.

"Where were you all night? Where was your phone?" She questioned incessantly.

I ran a hand through my hair. "I'm at...Annabeth's house."

The line went silent for a while, enough for me to start being anxious. "Mom, you there?"

I heard her sigh over the phone. "Percy, you...you didn't do anything, did you?"