Annabeth

It was 5:30. I still had no idea what to wear.

I was rifling through my wardrobe, wondering what I should wear. I wanted to look casual, but decent. 

A cream-colored large shirt, nope. A baby blue tank top, nope. A Minions style overall, definitely nope.

I was still combing through, when Helen entered. "Hey, Annabeth. What's up?"

"I can't find an outfit." I whined. She smiled.

"What's the occasion?" 

"Percy is taking me to the local library." 

"So, a date."

I whipped around. "No, that's not what it is!" I spluttered.

Helen chuckled. "Okay, okay, I'll take your word for it."

I gave her a tired scowl, and turned back to my wardrobe, my outfit dilemma still unsolved.

"That's nice. Here, why don't you wear this?" She said, pulling out a white blouse and black ripped jeans. "You can wear those new sandals I bought for you." 

(I have terrible taste in clothes, so please forgive me if this isn't a nice combo.)

I smiled. "Thanks, Helen."

"No problem. Don't pile on your makeup, and a loose ponytail would look good." She added.

Helen married my dad when I was around 4, after my mom, Athena Chase, left for no reason. I hated her with a burning passion for that.

Helen came in my life, and I'll admit, I thought she was gonna be horrible, but she turned out to be super nice. She was better than Mom in every way, and I embraced our relationship. 

I  got ready within a surprisingly short time. Just as I peeked in the mirror, and found I didn't entirely look terrible, I heard the bell. "I'll get it!" I called out.

I opened the door, and Percy was standing there, leaning against the door frame. He was wearing an emerald green shirt that brought out his eyes, with a leather jacket (I mean, of course he owned a leather jacket that fit that well), and black jeans like mine. 

He looked pretty good, if I do say so myself.

I didn't realize I was staring until Percy gave a short laugh and rubbed the back of his head. "You look nice, Wise Girl."

I snapped out of my daze, and raised an eyebrow. "Wise girl? You know that's a compliment?" 

"Well, it sounded right." He shrugged. 

I smiled. "You look good too."

He smiled back, and checked his watch. "Come on, there's a place I'd like you to check out before we hit the library."

I raised my eyebrow as I grabbed the keys and my coat. "Sounds like the predecessor of a kidnapping."

Percy rolled his eyes, and gave me a smirk. "Well, if you predict everything beforehand, you take all the fun out of it."

"Ha ha." I locked the door, and followed him to his Prius. I noticed there were dents in the hood. "What happened there?" I asked.

Percy looked over, and chuckled. "A crazy trip to the beach."

I stared at him. "How crazy?"

"I don't wanna say."

I laughed, and Percy held the door open for me. "What a gentleman." I said, smirking, but I was touched. If all boys could have this kind of common courtesy, the world would be a much better place.