85

irl, messages

anne drops chloe off at home because she has school in the morning, but kaia doesn't.

because kaia stopped attending in person school to avoid matt, she was doing perfectly fine to graduate from home.

obviously, kaia is now going to be attending the graduation ceremony next week with matt, but she doesn't need to attend in person anymore, she's already earned all her credits.

once they're home from dropping off chloe, kaia takes her dress up to her room and hangs it on the back of her closet door and sends pictures of it to matt.

kaia showers and changes into pyjama pants and one of matt's hoodies that she snuck home, putting her hair up in a ponytail as she enters the kitchen to look for a snack.

she decides on making a burrito with some leftover grilled chicken from the other night and a quick pot of rice.

she wraps up all the toppings in a tortilla and makes her way to the living room to watch a movie, her mom joins her on the couch a few minutes later.

kaia is looking forward to seeing willow tomorrow as it'll be friday, so she decides to watch ratatouille so she feels like willow is with her.

she eats her burrito and sets the empty plate on the coffee table, bundling up under the blanket as she settles to watch the rest of the movie.

kaia notices her phone light up, she grabs it and opens the message from matt.

_________________________________________

my love ❤
kaiii
what are you up to rn?

kai 💋
i just made a bomb ass burrito and now i'm watching ratatouille with my mom bc i cant wait to see willow tmrw

my love ❤
ooohhh can i join u guys
i'll bring you both drinks from 711

kai 💋
my mom says absolutely yes
she wants sprite i want diet coke 🙏

my love ❤
sounds like a plan
i will be over in 20 im just helping chris clean his room

kai 💋
ugh its awful right

my love ❤
its mostly clothes he just threw everywhere but yeah its a lot

kai 💋
ok well i'll see u when ur done
love youu

my love ❤
love you most
read at 11:49pm

_________________________________________

kaia shuts off her phone and returns to watching the movie, resting her head on her mom's shoulder.

she loses track of time and right as there's a scene where anton ego pops onto the screen, matt knocks on the front door at the exact same time, making kaia jump and briefly scream.

matt walks in the door and sees kaia with a hand on her chest facing the front door and he laughs, realizing he startled her.

"a ratatouille jumpscare? really?" he laughs, kicking off his shoes and walking over to the couch.