[𝟏] 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 1

——<3

You ever have those really weird specific dreams where it almost feels like reality with how natural everything feels? Sure there may be a few weird things you wouldn't see in reality everyday, but you don't question it because there's not really any further anomalies.

Well, I suppose that's the type of dream you were having right now,

in the dream, you were in maze, with beautiful red roses hanging within the maze walls. And you could see rose trees poking out from here and there. All of the roses adorned with a beautiful scarlet red.

As you made your way through the maze, you came across a medium width space, with several rose trees being in the corners of this space,

in one of these corners, you saw three life sized cards attending to the tree.

Wait, that can't be right.. three life sized cards? What type of dream is this?

The three cards both seemed to have cartoonish-arms and legs, with some cartoonish eyes and mouth, they were tall enough to reach your lower chest area.

One of the cards was standing on a ladder, checking up high for the roses with a paint brush in hand, furiously swiping their brush at the roses, slopping them until they were dripping with red paint. The other two cards who weren't on the ladder were doing the same with their brush, but to the roses on the lower side.

You couldn't help but notice how panicky they were, with such frantic movements, and you could even catch glimpse of how their arms and legs were shaking, their mouth making movements so you knew they were saying something.

But you were too far away from them to hear what they were saying,

before you made the moves to approach them, you heard steps behind you.

This sent a shiver up your spine as you immediately turned to look behind you, almost being startled by the sight of a small girl. She wore a beautiful soft blue dress, with an apron to top it off, she had fair skin with soft fluffy blonde hair that rested neatly on her. Not a single hair strand out of place.

Brimming on her face, was pure curiosity and wonder. As she made her way over, you noticed she had no reaction at the sight of you, as if you weren't there. In fact, she was walking straight at you, and while you assumed she would stop to face you, she did not.

Before you could raise your arms to give her a slight push out of your way, since even in a dream, you weren't gonna appreciate people invading your personal space. Yet she kept walking, until she eventually phased right through you without a care in the world.

This could only mean that you truly did not exist in the eyes of others in this dream, you made sure to note that. The girl headed towards the cards who were still furiously painting the roses, and so you followed right behind her.

As you approached, you now could hear more clearly what the cards were saying,

"Hurry, hurry! We must paint the roses red!"

"Yes, yes! A beautiful red so the Queen won't take our heads!"

"Urgh! Hurry, some haven't been painted! What will the Queen do if she sees these roses haven't been tainted?"

You could only raise a hand to cup your chin as you murmured to yourself, "They speak in rhymes, but they all seem to have the same goal of painting the roses."

The blonde girl, as if she were following your steps, also spoke in a gentle voice, "Excuse me.. But.. Why are you painting the roses red?"

The cards at the new sound all froze in their tracks, before all slowly turning their heads in sync to face the girl.