𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 4

Stepping inside the dimly lit room that held your coffin that was now burnt, you noticed that the room had two doors implanted in its walls, that obviously, led to another room.

Considering how Crowley was speed walking towards it, the room that laid beyond those doors was probably where the ceremony was being held in.

———<3

"I'm assuming this marks the end of the dorm selecting process?" A man with fiery red hair spoke, examining the room that held hundreds of people wearing the same robes as each other. Swiftly, he directed his attention to the freshmen that were bundled up together.

Placing a hand on top of his chest to symbolize some sort of importance and cocking his head, he once again spoke up, "Listen to me, new students. In Heartslabyul, I am the law. Anyone who defies me will be beheaded. Remember that."

His voice commanded respect, like how a General would command their soldiers into war. Obviously, what he said sparked fear into the freshmen. They didn't know whether or not he was being literal with beheading. And they were NOT planning on finding out. They better hope the justice system still applied in NRC, regardless of how prestigious the school is.

"Fuagh..." A more deeper voice spoke up, and it belonged to a taller man with lion ears. Though, it looked more like tiny bumps on his head due to the hood covering them up. With how tired he sounded, you would've thought he was sleeping through the entire ceremony.

"Finally.. the grubby ceremony is over.." He spoke again after yawning, the mere presence of so many people irritating him, "We're going back to our dorm, everyone in Savanaclaw.. follow me."
He lazily commanded, turning his back to the freshmen who had been admiring him.

A new voice then piped up, it has a more eccentric tone to it. Way more energetic than the previous two men, "All new students, congratulations on your enrollment! As Octavinelle's Dorm Leader, I promise to do everything in my power to ensure you live a happy school life!"
This fancy voice belonged to a man who wore glasses, as well as wearing a smile on his face. He seemed more welcoming than the other two. This quickly caught the interest and liking from the freshmen in his group, wondering if they were truly going to be blessed with a comfortable school life.

"Even so.. I wonder where the headmaster went? He suddenly ran out during the ceremony." Another voice was heard, seemingly more gentler yet firm-spoken. His voice was simply beautiful, and he was probably beautiful himself. His hood being the only thing that was holding one back from confirming it.

"Maybe he got a stomach-ache?" A new voice filled with curiosity and concern in it. He sounded the least intimidating from the rest. The concerned voice belonged to a man who, under his hood, seemed to wear a turban that matched the colors of his robes.

———<3

Meanwhile, outside the ceremony room. Was you and Crowley, as you stared up at Crowley, you noticed he seemed a bit irked as he had his hands on the golden door handles.

"Is something wrong?" You calmly asked him, he seemed fine a few moments ago.

"They think I've fallen victim to a stomachache...?!" Crowley seemed offended at the thought as someone so "mighty" as him being affected by something so small as a stomachache.

"How do you know that..?" You spoke again. If you were right, than the more funded a place is, than the more thicker the walls probably were, meaning the more harder it would be to hear through them.

So did he have enhanced hearing or something? Or did the place just have thin walls, which was unlikely.

"It doesn't matter, whatever nonsense they're talking about, we have no time for it!" Crowley dismissed your question, and just like that, he pushed the doors open.

As he walked in, he loudly exclaimed, "Wrong!" Quickly catching the attention of everyone in the room.

"Ah, he's here." The red haired male calmly stated upon noticing the presence of the Headmaster.

The attention was pretty much divided between you and Crowley, the students who weren't freshmen but had been here a year or more were already used to seeing Crowley's masqueraded face, they were more curious to see who was with the masqueraded man.

Meanwhile, the freshmen were in complete awe of Crowley, the proclaimed generous and kind headmaster of Night Raven College.

You, on the other hand, were silently hoping that everyone hadn't noticed you. The idea of hundreds of eyes being on you and you only was.. weird.

Luckily for you, Crowley spoke up, making the students who were focusing on you, focus on him, "Good grief. There was one student missing, so I went to look for them." Not so luckily for you, he focused his attention from the audience onto you, making the audience look at you as well,

"Now, you're the only one who hasn't been assigned to a dorm. So why don't you go do that? I'll handle this raccoon creature. So quickly go in front of the mirror."

Grim, who did not take kindly to that, had a few wise words to share regarding that sentence,

"Mmgggggnnhh—!!!"

"Uhm, alright.." You meekly replied to Crowley.

As you made your way through the crowd, searching for a mirror, you eventually noticed that a large mirror was peeling above from the heads of the students.

Immediately making your way to the mirror, the students clearing a path for you. All of their eyes being on you, and if you were being honest, you would've stayed in that burning coffin if you knew it was going to be like this.

The giant mirror, which.. had a face on it?! Well, more like a masquerade mask imprinted in it, also drew its attention onto you once it sensed your presence.

For a mirror, it was pretty bad at reflecting its surroundings.

"State your name." The mirror commanded you with a dark and grim voice. Making direct eye contact with you which caught you off guard by a little bit.

"I'm [name]." You replied, doing your best to keep up a firm front.

"[name].." The mirror repeated your name in its grim voice, "The shape of your soul is.."

.....

Silence.

Was the mirror doing this for dramatic affect?

"I do not know.." The mirror stated, more softly than its other statements, a hint of disbelief laced in its voice.

This, for some reason, spoke incredible controversy amongst the crowd. A bunch of audible gasps were heard. As well as students whispering to their friends as they looked at you with surprise.

"Uhm.. what did you say?" Crowley asked as he approached closer to the mirror and you.

"I could not feel any magic wavelength coming from this one.. no colors, no shape, nothing. Therefore, they are unworthy to be placed in any dorm!" The mirror declared out loud.

If the audience wasn't already in shock, this definitely sent them into it. As now the noises evolved from whispering to talking as they gossiped amongst each other. The room getting more and more noisy.

Acting immediately, Crowley silenced the audience by redirecting their attention onto him by saying, "There's no way the black carriage would pick up a student incapable of using magic! In the 100 years that I've been headmaster, there has not been a single mistake in the selection process! Why in the world...?"

Honestly, Crowley acting more effected from this news than the students added more suspense to the mood, as the students watched in anticipation, wanting to see who would speak next. The mirror? Crowley? Or you?

"Mggh!! Puh!"

What was that?

Well, none other than Grim, of course. Who, during this entire time, had been cutting the so called "Lash of Love" with his cat-like claws in order to break free. Now that he's accomplished that, he was quick to start giving orders that no one was going to listen to.

"Hey! Give that seat to me then!"

———<3