𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 15

--<3

You could tell everyone was scared, you could tell that at the end of the day, they'd much rather go home than go with your plan. Even Deuce! You could tell.

But, it's not as if you would blame them. What type of cruel person would do such a thing? You'd be more surprised if their hands weren't quivering as much as they were in this moment.

The way their eyes darted from you, to each other, back to the floor. You noticed it all.

"The fact that they're with me right now.. I'll remember- No, cherish this.." You thought, looking at them all before giving everyone a hand signal, ready to start your plan.

Ace was indeed right, the monster had been waiting behind the corner, lurking as they waited for one of you to approach or in the best case scenario for this thing, all of you would approach. Serving as easy targets.

But no, it was just Grim this time,

"Hey uuGgh.. mmonnster..! Uhhhhhh... Over here!"

The monster upon noticing Grim, wasted no time and charged after him, letting out a heinous yell all the while.

"MYRAGH!!! IT'S COMING THIS WAY!"

Noticing the monster charging at Grim, you could only smile.. Now that may sound weird. But this was actually all according to plan!

"Now Grim! Hurry back before that thing gets you!" You signaled for Grim to return, to which he wasted no time to spare. He'd be more glad to run back to safety.

The plan was simple. Use Grim as bait, the monster would come out of its hiding spot and charge after him, desperate to catch its prey. Grim would slip out of the mines through the small entrance. The monster, being too big to fit through it would hit its head against the ceiling.

This, would obviously catch the monster off guard and it would take time for it to process the what just happened as they were too focused on Grim. In this moment of vulnerability, Ace, Deuce, and Grim would all ambush it with all sort of spells, weakening the monster.

If lucky, you'd do some permanent damage to it. After all, taking on a weakened monster is much better than taking on one at its full strength, no?

And what do you know? It hit its head exactly against the ceiling, the perfect time to strike was here.

"Now's our chance! Ace, Deuce!" You called out to the two males next to you, who nodded at you.

Ace with a smirk could only gleefully ready his magical pen and charged up a spell, "Got it! One windy wave comin' right up~"

"Don't outdo me, Ace! I'll serve up some flames with that!"

"Now is not the time for competition, both of you!" Despite saying this, Deuce seemed quite energetic as he launched his spells too.

Ace and Grim's spells were quick to interlock with each other, the mines looked like a bright furnace taking on the monster. It could only let out screams as it was burnt again and again. The brightness of the flames reflecting in all of your eyes.

"Hey! Look at that! It seems that with the support of my winds, even Grim's petty excuse for fire burn pretty brightly! Like an inferno." I suppose if Ace is reliable for one thing, it could be for him to offer no encouragement whatsoever, regardless the situation.

"Excuse for fire...?! Why you measly little-!!"

You couldn't believe this, but in an urgent situation like this, Grim and Ace were still ready to ditch the situation just so they could argue.. You weren't going to allow that, not when you guys were actually making progress towards your goal,