𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 7

——<3

Upon entering the library, with the snap of Crowley's fingers, the library lit up. Making it seem more cozy and clearer rather than scary and ominous like before.

Crowley began to scan the rows of books before selecting a couple ones, he plopped those books onto the desk with a loud 'thud' before sitting down on one of the chairs.

You took a seat next to him, as you wanted to catch a glimpse of what Crowley was reading since you wanted to prove yourself useful too. But, Crowley was quite the fast reader so you couldn't keep up. In fact, the books contained some words you've never even heard of before so it was hard to even understand what he was reading in the first place.

And well, after a few seconds, you found yourself getting quite bored. But, you didn't want to take a nap or anything while you waited for Crowley to give you the results, since you felt that would be too rude.

"Here, go work on finding me a way home while I slack off."

Yeah.. you were not going to be doing that.

But- what could you even do?

"Okay, I'm done reading." Crowley spoke, cutting off your thinking.

"THAT QUICKLY?!" You whipped your head to look at him, surprised at how fast that took him.

"Were you expecting me to read the entire book? Of each and every one? No, no! All you gotta do is just skim over them until you get to the part of the book that's most important!" Crowley said in a matter of fact way and with a smile too, since he was under the impression that because you're practically an alien to him, you're not familiar with his world customs, which meant that he believes you've never seen or read a book in your life. So he felt more than glad to teach you things that he didn't know you already knew how to do.

"My apologies.." You mumbled in slight embarrassment.

"Ahem.. anyhow. It unfortunately seems, that I've found nothing.." Crowley spoke in a disappointed tone.

"What?!" Your heart sunk low to your stomach.

"Even when I looked at the world maps, I could not find any mention of the name of your homeland. No matter how hard I searched. Not to mention, the mere name of your homeland is not mentioned in any history whatsoever." As Crowley talked, he became more and more suspicious of you, wondering if you were lying, so he decided to ask you,

"You aren't deceiving me, are you? Are you truly from where you say you are?"

"If I was lying to you, and I truly was from this place. Then wouldn't the Mirror of Darkness know that and send me back to where I came from?" You retorted.

"You do make a point.. now looking at it, you may have been brought here from another planet."

Even though it was becoming more and more obvious to you, it still felt somewhat shocking to you as he said that. As if it was now confirmed and sealed that you were in no reach of contact with any of your friends or family.

"And there's also a possibility that you're from another world."

"Isn't that the same thing as being brought here from another world..?" You thought as you questioned him in your mind.

"So.. basically, I'm just stranded here? On an entirely different planet with no hope of going back..?" You asked.

"While I wouldn't say theres no hope for you on heading back to your homeland, it's basically as you've said." Crowley solemnly replied. "Well, let's start with some basics. What did you have on when you first came here? Do you have any sort of identification? Like a license, or a magic car, name on a shoe.. you appear to be quite empty handed."

This caused you to quickly feel around your robes in the search for any sort of pockets, but alas, there was none.

"It appears that I don't have anything on me right now.." You worriedly stated.

"I see.. this is quite concerning." Crowley placed his hand to his jaw, as he stared at the ground in thought, "I can't just let someone who can't use magic into this school.. However, as an educator, I can't just toss a penniless teenager out on the street with no form of communication."

As you looked in anticipation as to what he would say next, you felt yourself getting your hopes up since with what Crowley was saying, at least there was hope you wouldn't be homeless.

"For I am gracious! Hmmm.. That's right!" Crowley now replaced his look of thinking with a bright smile as he looked at you. "There is an unused building on campus. It was once used as a dormitory in the past, so if you clean it up, you should be able to use it to at least sleep there. So, for the time being, I shall allow you to stay there!"

"Really?!" You beamed as you felt relieved and grateful that you had a place to stay. And by the sounds of it, all to yourself as well.

"My graciousness is truly limitless! I am a model for all educators." Crowley's ego only rose as he saw your positive reaction. If you hadn't shown yourself to be happy with the outcome, he may as well kicked you out for such ungratefulness. "We better be on our way. Let's head to the dormitory. It may be old but it certainly has a little charm to it!"

You and Crowley both left the library and made your way through the hallways and not before long, outside. The walk over to the dormitory was fairly silent, but with the occasional of Crowley asking you any questions that came to his mind surrounding where you came from or maybe customs from your homeland. Once you answered, he would then reply with "I see." And then it would return back to silence.

The dormitory made its way into your line of sight, at first, it didn't look as bad, but once the two of you got closer and closer.. it looked hideous to say the least.

"Well, here we are!" Crowley said with a bright smile.

"THIS PLACE LOOKS LIKE IT HAS MULTIPLE HEALTH CODE VIOLATIONS!!!" You shouted without thinking, taking a step back out of shock and fear.

"Excuse me..?" Crowley said as he looked at you, you couldn't see it, but he was definitely raising an eyebrow at you.

"Uhm..! I mean- This place just certainly has a lot of charm to it. I was just taken aback, is all.." If Crowley believed you on this, then maybe you could tell him anything and he wouldn't question it.

"Ah, right, right! Please, come this way!" Crowley smiled.

"He actually bought it?! Surely- he's just pretending to, right..? There's no way he's actually this stupid.." You thought as you did your best to hide your surprised look.

Crowley walked towards the door and opened it and held it open for you, you politely thanked him before entering. And the sight that awaited you made you wish he'd thrown you out onto the streets instead.

——<3