𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 12

—<3

That last part of his sentence caught you off guard.. excuse me? What was he getting at?

Both you and Grim did a double take upon hearing it, especially Grim.

"Myah?!"

Upon seeing Grim's shocked face, Ace grinned even more, unable to contain his amusement.

"Pft.. Ahahahahahaha! Oh Sevens- I just- Pft! I can't hold it back anymore, hahaha! Even though I saw you at the ceremony, I still had to get a better look at you two for myself! Were you guys seriously summoned by the mirror? Are you sure they didn't get the wrong person, haha!"

Huh, okay.. well, it seems the ghosts of Ramshackle aren't the only things we'll be finding a way of getting rid of.

"I mean, look at you! You, summoned by the  Dark Mirror themselves, but can't even use magic?? What type of joke is that? And you! Oh, man, the deformed raccoon no one even wanted to begin with! The only recognition you guys will be getting from here is 'weirdest duo ever!'"

You felt your fingers twitching in anticipation, ready to punch a certain someone. What this 'Ace' guy did not consider, was that you were running on little sleep, half a sandwich, with little amounts of orange juice to back it off. You were more than likely to do something you'd regret later.

"It took me everything I had to not lose it at the ceremony, bravo to you two for putting on that whole mess!"

If someone was going to speak up about this, it would obviously be Grim,

"Hey! What's the big deal?! All you're doing is just talking absolute crap!"

"As if someone as small as you would understand what a big deal is! And to top it all off, you guys failed so hard to become students that the headmaster felt pity for you and declared you janitors? Is that it?" In a world of magic, you could only guess that Ace's magical ability was that every time you tried to refute him, he automatically becomes 10x more annoying and unlikeable.

"Myrah! Why you little—"

"And to see you guys so clueless about who the Great Seven are? Maybe try a second crack at kindergarten before trying to enroll into an academy!"

To which, you merely placed one hand to cup your hand as you gave this look that made it seem like you were in deep thought.

"Huh, [name]? What are you doing?" Inquired a curious and frustrated Grim.

"Well, Grim. I'm simply contemplating whether or not I should punch the living daylights out of this guy. And considering possible consequences for doing so." This caught Grim off guard but the idea of resorting to violence sounded nice to him, and slightly insulted Ace. I mean, you? Land a punch on him? He highly doubted it. Surely!

Eventually, you sighed, "actually, how about we all calm down and think more about the situation-"

"Yeah, [name] is right! I only came here to tease you, and now that I'm satisfied, I'll be leaving! It's been a blast, but unlike you two, I ACTUALLY have classes to attend to! So, I'll just leave the school janitors to pick up trash."

"Don't think you can get out of this so easily! I, the Great Grim, will turn make that explodey-hair of yours into a bigger explosion! Take this, myrah!!!"

"Wait, Grim, don't do it—!" You said as the moved forward to grab hold of Grim,

But it was simply too late, as the burst of fire has escaped Grim's mouth and shot straight at Ace.

Ace quickly turned around and was only to barely dodge it, "Hey?! What the hell?! You seriously wanna go?! Fine! I'll turn you into a toy poodle!"

"Guys, people are staring at us.. knock it off." You were indeed right, people who were passing by had stopped in their tracks, turning to their friends and gossiping as they stared at you, some, even begun recording.