The Storm Hits

In the two years that Barry has been the Flash he's met a lot of interesting people, both good and bad.

But now, Barry thought as he rushed through a burning building rescuing the few still living people and getting them to extraction zones, he wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

A distant boom caught the speedster's attention along with the soldiers who had their heavy machine guns focused on the air.

The boom appeared to be Superman and that space gladiator guy fighting in one what was once a nice looking park in the center of the city.

Sadly the dozens of bodies of men, women and children, and fire burning around them made it look like Hell had finally come to Earth.

Flash (In head): God knows what the rest of the world looks like

Barry thought as he earlier overheard on a military radio that Berlin Germany was starting to look like a replica of 'Dante's Inferno'.

Soldier:How the hell are we going to survive this?"

A young looking soldier with the rank of 'Corporal' asked in dread at watching the 'City of Tomorrow' burn all around them

Flash:We keep fighting

The Flash said as he caught the attention of the men and women present causing him to blush in embarrassment at being the center of attention but kept speaking

Flash:Look we've seen the movies and our own personal history to know that if we stop and just let these things win... well this

He gestured around them

Flash:Won't even begin to compare

A distant roar echoed through the city and Flash recognized it as the Hulk's followed by a slight tremor

He turned his attention back to the collection of Army and Marines in front of him

Flash:Look I know you guys are beyond terrified, hell it's taking every ounce of my will power to not want to find a hole to hide in and hope for the best myself. But...

The soldiers saw Flash trail off as he looked to the side and they followed his gaze to a woman and man sheltering their two young children who both looked scared.

Flash:... I'm not fighting these things to save my world

Flash said as he turned to look at the people before him with a determined expression

Flash:I'm fighting to save there's... So they have a chance.

He then zoomed off back into the city leaving them men and women behind who stared at the red streak in surprise.

One of the guys looked around before saying

Guy:Well if we die here...

He said as he loaded his rifle

Guy:I'm damn sure I'm taking as many of these bastards with me as I can

The others locked and loaded as they saw several dozen Parademons flying towards the extraction zone.

While the extraction zones continued to evacuate people out of the city The Hulk and Shazam were near one of the Alien spires that sprouted up earlier and were being swarmed by almost a hundred of the black clad Parademons and a dozen of their war dogs.

Hulk had just finished crushing a Parademon under his foot when one of the dogs jumped on his back and began to bite into his shoulder causing the green giant to wince slightly.

The creature was the size of a horse and had razor sharp teeth and claws that made fighting it a pain in the ass for Hulk.