New Friends

You:Well... the people here seem nice

Y/N thought as he was currently sitting in a rather empty bar portion of a night club except for three others and what looked like the DJ making a track list in the corner called Verdant which was owned by a young woman named Thea Queen, sister to Oliver Queen who is CEO of Queen something.

Y/N had spent the better part of the morning exploring the city after his flight got in yesterday.

He was a bit disturbed to see how high the poverty and crime was.

And that wasn't taking in the accounts of the terrorist attacks on the 'Glades' and an attack by some guy and his army named Deathstroke or something.

???:Another drink?

Y/N looked towards the woman who asked and saw it wasn't the bartender from earlier but Thea Queen herself.

You:Aren't you the manager?

Y/N asked a little surprised that she was down at the bar willing to get him another drink

Thea smiled at his question

Thea:Yeah but doesn't mean I don't help out occasionally. Besides I get to meet a lot more people this way. Sometimes good and sometimes not so great and you seem to be in the good section so far

You:I'm really not all that great at being 'good', but thanks for the compliment.

Thea frowned a little at his comment

Thea:What do you mean 'not all that great at being good?

Y/N took a moment to think on that before saying

You:Every time I try to do something good, it almost always ends up causing things to wind up worse.

Thea:It can't be that bad

You:I once tried to save a kid who was wandering around a bombing test site, I save him but end up accidently creating a bunch of monsters who've caused worse damage than a nuke ever could

Y/N said while at the same time hearing and feeling the Hulk growl in annoyance inside of him.

The remark wasn't really aimed at Hulk so much as aimed at the... other 'Hulks' that are locked away deep, deep inside Y/N's and Hulk's subconscious.

Not taking in to account all the things made by proxy like Abomination, Leader and a host of others.

And with the knowledge that Maestro was there the day the Gamma bomb dropped literally on him he may have been the reason why Hulk was so violent and uncontrollable back in the day.

He doesn't know if that's true or not but it makes him feel somewhat better that the real reason Hulk was so destructive back then was maybe because of Maestro's influence.

He doesn't entirely believe it, but hey makes him and Hulk feel better.

Thea seemed shocked at that revelation