Zaire & Ada

ADA

"I am so nervous that I feel nauseous." We both were in his car, right outside his parents' home.

"Oh?" Zaire looked way too happy about it. "Did I get you pregnant, sweetheart?"

"Zaire!" I smacked his arm. "Shut up."

"What? I didn't use protection, I could have."

"Oh God. You are crazy." I can't believe I love him. "We had sex just twice, that too yesterday. Plus I am not even ovulating, I can't get pregnant."

He pouted. "That's sad. Let me know when you are ovulating--"

I sent him glare, shutting him up. "Should we even be thinking about having kids? We are cousins...what if..."

"It's possible. There is hardly any chance of genetic disorders if we have a baby."

"You have done your research, haven't you?"

He kissed the corner of my mouth. "I have planned our whole life."

I pecked his lips. "Okay."

There was another ring on my finger but this time Zaire was the one to put it on. We just got together yesterday and he already had a ring with him, slipping it on my finger the moment I told him I loved him too.

He didn't even have to ask me because he knew I wouldn't have said no.

With his arm around my waist, we both walked inside the house where both of our parents were waiting for us.

Since they were neighbours, it was easier to gather them.

The four of them were in the living room, chatting with themselves, their conversations coming to a stop when they saw us.

All of their eyes immediately went down to where Zaire's palm rested just above my ass.

How are we even going to start this conversation--

"Ada and I are in love and engaged. Congratulations, you are going to be in-laws." Zaire announced without any care in the world. "Any questions?"

To say that everyone was flabbergasted would be an understatement.

All their mouths were dropped open in shock, only my Dad looked slightly less shocked.

"Seems like no one has any questions. That's good." Zaire said, taking in their shocked faces.

I discreetly pinched him.

"What?" He said to me innocently.

He should have eased them into this instead of dropping a bomb on them.

"Tell me this is a joke", Uncle Ezekiel was the first one to recover, his eyes jumping in between us.

"Nope." Zaire answered, lifting my left hand and showing them the ring. "I am not joking."

"Ada?" Mom looked at me.

"Yeah?"

"Is it true?"