Twenty-Six | Getting Married?

ALAMEA

I was feeling bad for Armano. I wanted to take away all his problems. Whatever decision he makes, I will fully support him.

Also, I am going to tell him that I want to date him. That I genuinely like him, I know it's more than just 'like' but I am too scared to admit that yet.

I felt nervous at the idea of talking to him about my feelings but I had to do it. He has to give it a try. Not some casual dating but a serious one.

I looked for Armano and Ada told me that he was in Lenore's room so I went there.

I paused abruptly outside the door when I heard them talk.

Lenore's voice was loud enough for me to hear. "...Look who is saying. Don't you also say that you would never date and marry?"

"That's--"

"Imagine a girl falling for you and confessing to you, what would you do? Will you say yes to her? Be her boyfriend? Date her with the intention of marriage?"

I waited for his answer with a bated breath.

"No."

A feeling of dread settled in my stomach and I could hear my heart break.

"Get out." Lenore snapped. "Just please get out."

"But wait--"

"For god's sake, Armano, please. Get out and pray that some poor girl doesn't fall for you."

Her words were the final straw, a lump formed in my throat and my heart physically hurt.

"...pray that some poor girl doesn't fall for you."

Tears gathered in my eyes and I stepped back.

Just then the door opened and Armano walked out, frowning on seeing me. "What... what's wrong?"

I shook my head. "Nothing. I was just...passing by."

"Mea?" He caught my wrist before I could go. "Tell me what's wrong."

"Nothing", I said firmly, pulling my hand free and walking away.

He followed after me. "You look like you saw a ghost. Tell me what's troubling you. Please."

"I can fix it, I promise." He added.

That made me chuckle humorously. "You can't fix this, Armano."

"Will you just stop and listen to me?" He called. "Please?"

I went to my room and went inside, shut the door and locked it before he could follow me in.

I breathed heavily as I slumped against the door. So stupid. So fucking stupid.

He would never date me. It's just physical to him. It was foolish of me to think he would let go of his ways just for me.

I am not that special to him.

"Mea!" He pounded his fist on the door. "What the fuck are you doing? Open up."

"Go away! I..." I thought of something. "I am going to take a nap, leave me alone."

"What's with everyone telling me to leave them alone today? First Lenore, now you."

"Armano, if you want to live, go away."

He grumbled and cursed before I heard his retreating footsteps making me sigh.

.
.
.

It was raining when I drove over to my parents. I needed to get away for a while and not think about how stupid I was to get attached to Armano despite his warnings.

Unwritten Rule [The Ludovicas: Second Generation Book Two]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें