Thirty-Two | Sickness & Ring

ALAMEA

My body protested when I attempted to roll over and I groaned, cuddling close to Armano.

A kiss was placed on my forehead followed by a hoarse voice, "Amore?"

"Mano..." I whined, burying my face into his chest. "Everything hurts."

It couldn't be because of the sex because last night, we had the gentlest and the slowest sex ever. Armano said he was going to make love to me and he did exactly that. So no, it's not because of that.

Armano stroked my hair. "Everything?"

"My whole body..."

He placed his palm on my forehead. "Shit. You are burning up, Mea."

He sneezed loudly followed by coughing and I opened my eyes to glance up at him. His nose was red, his cheeks flushed and he looked exhausted.

I reached my hand up to touch his forehead and sure enough he was having a fever too.

He smiled at me sheepishly. "I am so sorry. I shouldn't have got you drenched in the rain--"

"It was worth it. I enjoyed every moment of that, Mano. But yeah, you are sick too..." I murmured sadly.

He shook his head. "No. I enjoyed it too. Like you said, it was worth it."

I hummed in response, pulling the duvet over us since I was feeling cold.

Armano started to get off the bed, removing my head from his chest. I frowned. "Where are you going?"

"I'll get you something to eat and medicine. Stay in bed."

"No." I managed to climb over him and hugged him tightly. "You have a fever too, you are not going anywhere."

He brushed the hair out of my face. "I am better than you. I'll be back soon."

"No." I scowled. "Stay. Call someone and ask them to bring up something to eat along with the medicines."

He gazed at me softly and reached for his phone on the nightstand. "Yes, ma'am."

I was feeling too exhausted and it wasn't long before I drifted off to sleep again.

I woke up sometime later to Armano whispering in my ear and rubbing my back. "Wake up."

"No."

He kissed my cheek. "Please? You need to have something and then medicine."

I groaned, opening my eyes and Armano helped me get up. Leaning against the headboard, he held me against his chest and grabbed a bowl of porridge.

"I can eat..." I mumbled when he scooped some porridge onto the spoon and held it to my mouth.

"I am pretty sure you will spill half of it considering how sleepy you are, so no. Besides, doesn't feeding each other increases love?"

Letting him feed me, I opened my mouth. Love. Yesterday, he confessed and I have been feeling giddy ever since, well, minus this morning because of this stupid fever.

He was sick himself but he fed me first, putting way too much concentration into the task.

When I had eaten half of it, I grabbed his wrist. "No more. You should eat some too."

He shook his head. "I will get a refill. You finish this."

He held another spoonful of porridge to my mouth and I gagged slightly. "Please...no more."

He sighed and kissed the top of my head. "Okay."

I tried to take the spoon from him so I could feed him too but he held it away. "No."