Zaire & Ada

ZAIRE

I was done being patient.

If Ada won't break up with this tool, I would do it for her.

"Are you sure you are doing the right thing?" Zayden asked.

He knew everything. He was my twin, there was no way I could hide my feelings for Ada from him. He might have weirded out at first but then he understood and decided to support me.

"Yes. Ada is too stubborn to accept us, using her fiance as an excuse."

"Well, then." Zayden pushed open the basement door. "Just don't kill him."

"That's tempting but it won't help my case with her so no, I am not killing him."

Zayden left me alone and I walked inside our basement where Jack (her fiancee) was tied to a chair and gagged.

He recognised me immediately, eyes widening in alarm.

"No need to panic." I told him. "I am not going to kill you." Then I added with a smile. "Yet."

He tried wiggling around to get free. "That won't work either. You are going to listen to me and if you do as I say, you won't see me ever again."

Now that he was listening, I said, "You are going to break off your engagement with Ada. Effective immediately."

"And I fucking dare you to put anything on her. You will accept that you are the problem and come up with some good reason as to why you want to break the engagement. You will be gentle and polite. And please take that hideous ring from her too."

"Any questions?"

He tried speaking but nothing came out except muffled sounds. Right. The gag.

I pulled it down and he panted, his eyes wild with all the questions. "Why are you doing this?"

"Because you don't fucking deserve her. Ada is mine and I will do whatever it takes to make her believe that."

"Yours?" He frowned. "She is your--"

"Cousin? I know. All that is none of your concern. Just do as I said."

"You are fucking crazy. That's incest!"

I gripped his jaw. "I said that's none of your fucking concern."

That had him shutting up.

"Now, I am going to release you and you will do as I said. If I get to know that you said even a single bad word to her, I will rip off your fucking tongue. Is that clear?"

He nodded quickly and I untied him, letting him go.

.
.
.

• GROUP CHAT •

Cel: Jack had the audacity to break off the engagement with Ada. Who wants to come with me to beat him?

Armano: Me

Lenore: Me

Alamea: Me

Kian: Me

Arnaud: Me

Ada: There is no need for that. You all are being over dramatic.

.
.
.

"Where's Ada?" I asked Kian the moment I entered inside and spotted him.

He was reading a book on the couch and he lowered it, his eyes slightly narrowed at me. "In her room."

I nodded walking in the direction of her room.