Chapter 13 : Betrayal

Your attention please. Train no 213450 Varanasi to Indore express is arriving on platform no 2.

9.30 pm

In the bustling Varanasi railway station, enveloped in the cloak of night, Pankhuri and her family awaited their train.

The clock neared 9:30, and a sudden hush descended upon them, an unspoken acknowledgment of the impending departure from their beloved hometown.

Varanasi, with its winding alleys and sacred river, held their deepest roots, but the looming shadow of Dhruv Khanna's influence forced them to abandon their home. With heavy hearts, they prepared to board the train that would carry them away.

As the train's distant whistle pierced the air, signaling its arrival, Neil took charge, guiding his father to their seats amidst the bustling crowd. Helping his pregnant wife to board the train. Meanwhile, Pankhuri lingered by the door, her eyes lingering on the familiar sights of Varanasi one last time.

With a heavy sigh, she bid farewell to the city that had shaped her, tears tracing silent paths down her cheeks. With a final glance, she stepped onto the train, leaving behind the place that would forever hold a piece of her heart.

...............................

Next day

As Dhruv's fingers traced the intricate patterns adorning the silk saree, his heart swelled with anticipation. Nayantara's craftsmanship had surpassed his expectations, capturing the essence of Indian heritage in every thread. Each corner bore his name, a silent declaration of his love for Pankhuri.

The image of Pankhuri draped in the resplendent red fabric danced in Dhruv's mind, igniting a fire of excitement within him. He yearned to witness her adorned in his gift, to see her eyes sparkle with delight.

Dhruv's fingers clenched around the saree as he addressed to Ashok . "No, you're not going, Ashok," he said, his voice firm with determination. "I want to gift this to her myself."

Ashok frowned, confusion evident in his expression. "Sir, what do you mean?" he asked, seeking clarity.

"I mean I'll be going," Dhruv replied, his gaze unwavering. "You don't have to worry about it."

Understanding dawned on Ashok's face as he nodded in acknowledgment. "As you wish, sir," he said, stepping aside to allow Dhruv to take charge of the moment.

With a nod of gratitude, Dhruv strode purposefully towards his destination, the saree clutched tightly in his grasp. Today, he would show Pankhuri the depth of his love, and nothing would stand in his way.

This was his moment, his chance to unveil his affection for Pankhuri in all its glory. No one else would have the privilege of witnessing her reaction but him.

He went outside carrying the bag with himself.
Opened his car and kept that on the passenger seat.
And drove towards Pankhuri's house.

On the way he saw a flower shop. Thinking he should also surprise her with flowers he turned towards the shop. Stopping his car near it , he went inside.
There were lots of beautiful flowers there but what caught his attention was a bunch of Jasmine flowers tied in strings.

He asked " what are those ?"

To which the shopkeeper replied" sir , these are called gajaras , women like to put it in their hair. They smell really pleasant and look good on the hairs."

Dhruv was buying something for a woman for the first time. He never bought anything for his sister or mother too , it was always Ashok. Thinking about pankhuri liking them , he blushed.
He was amazed by himself. He was buying something for a girl. His girl.
For the first time.