Six

Happy fourth to my fellow American readers! Have a great 4th and be safe!

And Happy Saturday to my non American readers, have a great Saturday and be safe!

Hours seemed to pass by as Luke stood waiting for Calum to come to tutoring. He didn't come to school and he wasn't answering his phone. The blonde was getting very frustrated with him.

He checked his phone again and there was still nothing from him. But there was a text from Ashton.

From: Ashton
What are you up to tonight? We haven't hung out in ages!

Luke replied to him saying that he was supposed to tutor Calum tonight but he hasn't shown yet and its been over two hours now. Ashton just told him that he was coming over and Luke didn't object.

So now Luke was waiting for Ashton and he was quite honestly getting tired of waiting all day. He'd never admit to it though, he was too kind.

But he felt some sort of relief when he heard the doorbell sound the uncomfortably quiet house. Usually around this time, it'd be Calum and him laughing at something that wasn't even remotely funny but they'd still laugh. Luke felt weird in the silence. He wasn't used to it anymore.

He walked over to the door and Ashton smiled at him. "Hey man! How's it going? How are we best friends if we never see each other anymore? Whatever, I missed you mate. No homo though." Ashton laughed and Luke laughed too. But Luke's laugh was nervous because oh god did he know? How would he know? Nobody has ever seen his room, no matter how long those two have been friends, he has yet to see Luke's room.

So Ashton and Luke hung out in Ben's man cave, that Luke would say was his to everyone that came over. Just so he'd seem cool.

Everything was fine until the doorbell sounded, a little muffled by the loud video game the two boys were playing.

Luke went to get the door and he swears he almost threw up at the sight. Calum stood there, covered in hickeys and messy as hell hair. Luke knew exactly why he was late and it made him sick to his stomach.

"Oh. There you are." Is all Luke said.

"Sorry dude, I was with Sara and got a bit carried away. I'm really sorry." Calum explained, trying to save himself.

Luke shook his head. "I don't care. Its too late for tutoring now. Ashton and I are playing video games right now."

Calum nodded. "Okay, I'll just hang out then. I am sorry though. I didn't mean to ditch you like that."

Luke shrugged and walked away, Calum closing the door and following him to the game room.

Ashton was really focused on the screen when they walked in. He got so into it he didn't notice they were back.

Calum sat next to Luke and stared at him until he noticed and gave him a questionable look.

"You seem off. What's going on?"

Luke looked away from him. "Nothing."

Calum kept staring at him, until he turned around again and got annoyed, saying. "What? Stop that."

The dark haired boy just sighed at this. "I can tell you're lying. Tell me the truth, Luke. What's going on? Ever since Sara and I have been dating you-"

"Dating? Since when? You've known each other for a week!" Luke was completely taken back by this. Now he definitely couldn't make a move on Calum, out of respect of his relationship.